Castle Raids?

ElderScrollsFan001

Hi Elderscrolls, I think a better approach would be to make the Bandits super aggressive and give them a travel package to inside the castle (maybe the front door), When they go to attack the guards it will most likely get everyone alerted and start a brawl. I would say that a package to have them travel to the most populated part of the castle will work too, but they might just jump to the location which will look really weird.

You'll need a global variable - like aaaBanditRaid

I'm not sure how to check for other mods, but you could make them share a script using this code I use to check time passing

also you'll need a head bandit - someone to organize all the bandit bake-sales, swim meets and what not:

Float CurrentDay

Float DayCount

Begin GameMode

If aaaBanditRaid == 0

Set DayCount to GetGameDaysPassed (or something, I forgot the exact name)

Endif

If GetDead == 0 && aaaBanditRaid == 0

If CurrentDay >= DayCount + 2 (replace 2 with a random number possibly getrandompercent)

Set aaaBanditRaid to GetRandomPercent (This number will determine which castle is attacked.)

Endif

Endif

;; So when this bandit lives, he'll pick out a castle using a random number - you'll need to assign the castles of your choice to a number or range (20-40 numbers would attack castle B etc.)

Now when he dies...

If GetDead == 1

Set DayCount to 0

Set CurrentDay to 0

Set aaaBanditRaid to 0

Endif

;; Now with all the variables reset, the bandits should cease attacking this castle when they respawn 3 days later, and a new one will be picked.

You'll need a travel package for each castle on the bandit leader npc's, and bandit npcs.

With conditions like if aaaBanditRaid = 1 etc.

castle Seaview addition Friend and Foe perhaps. you think about somethink like this?

yea something lie that but cover any castle mods you might have....I as an example have five

Hi Elderscrolls, I think a better approach would be to make the Bandits super aggressive and give them a travel package to inside the castle (maybe the front door), When they go to attack the guards it will most likely get everyone alerted and start a brawl. I would say that a package to have them travel to the most populated part of the castle will work too, but they might just jump to the location which will look really weird.

You'll need a global variable - like aaaBanditRaid

I'm not sure how to check for other mods, but you could make them share a script using this code I use to check time passing

also you'll need a head bandit - someone to organize all the bandit bake-sales, swim meets and what not:

Float CurrentDay

Float DayCount

Begin GameMode

If aaaBanditRaid == 0

Set DayCount to GetGameDaysPassed (or something, I forgot the exact name)

Endif

If GetDead == 0 && aaaBanditRaid == 0

If CurrentDay >= DayCount + 2 (replace 2 with a random number possibly getrandompercent)

Set aaaBanditRaid to GetRandomPercent (This number will determine which castle is attacked.)

Endif

Endif

;; So when this bandit lives, he'll pick out a castle using a random number - you'll need to assign the castles of your choice to a number or range (20-40 numbers would attack castle B etc.)

Now when he dies...

If GetDead == 1

Set DayCount to 0

Set CurrentDay to 0

Set aaaBanditRaid to 0

Endif

;; Now with all the variables reset, the bandits should cease attacking this castle when they respawn 3 days later, and a new one will be picked.

You'll need a travel package for each castle on the bandit leader npc's, and bandit npcs.

With conditions like if aaaBanditRaid = 1 etc.

Ok so basically, with that above , your saying that will be possible to make it bandits so that will go to different caste, but not make it so the mod detects castle mods you have.... can it be possible to make so the castles can be assigned in mod manager like Wyre Bash?

Edited by ElderScrollsFan001

Making bandits attack a random castle is possible, and I'm positive there is a way to detect current mods/plug-ins in use I'm just not sure how. If you figure it out or find someone who can, your more than welcome to use the code - come to think of it though, I should have used that for lordgenerals mod when I was working on it.

Making bandits attack a random castle is possible, and I'm positive there is a way to detect current mods/plug-ins in use I'm just not sure how.

This can be done, but would require OBSE. The function IsModLoaded can be used to determine if a particular mod is present. I'm not particularly good at scripting with OBSE, so I'm not sure what the rest of the script would look like.

Making bandits attack a random castle is possible, and I'm positive there is a way to detect current mods/plug-ins in use I'm just not sure how.

This can be done, but would require OBSE. The function IsModLoaded can be used to determine if a particular mod is present. I'm not particularly good at scripting with OBSE, so I'm not sure what the rest of the script would look like.

I had a feeling that OBSE would be something need but this sort of thing is still above my head but i glad to hear from both of ya that this would be possible.

Making bandits attack a random castle is possible, and I'm positive there is a way to detect current mods/plug-ins in use I'm just not sure how. If you figure it out or find someone who can, your more than welcome to use the code - come to think of it though, I should have used that for lordgenerals mod when I was working on it.

thanks scarycave should i get to point where i goo with scripts will sure give this try to use it