I would like this sorted out once and for all.

Kimberlee

I have no idea why this is happening, but I would like a final answer to what I can do about a problem I have been having for a VERY long time now.

Quite simply, New Vegas keeps needing me to reacquire files. I can verify files and steam will think I need to reacquire 3.8 GB worth of files. If I IMMEDIATELY ask steam to reacquire files again - not even launching the game, it will say I need to reacquire 5 GB of files. (These are 2 real world examples.)

Aside from the numerous problems I have been having with New Vegas modwise, I would really like this fixed up.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

SO after deleting ALL Fallout New Vegas files from my computer (Including everything from my documents including save games) using revo uninstaller, I did a fresh install of New Vegas. Launched the game, created a character, saved the game at the vigor tester and exited the game. Immediately went to steam to see if steam thought I needed to reacquire new files for New Vegas. Said I needed 10 files at 5.4 GB

Deleting and reinstalling New Vegas did not fix my issue. Any help is appreciated.