A resurrection of the Great Houses of Morrowind

LordGeneral

Hey Guys,

at the moment I'm thinking about making a mod, which tries to recreate the three Great Houses of Vvardenfell, but before I really start up (I've already make some little) I wantedto hear about your, the nexus-communitys, opinion to this.

Do you think duch a mod would be usefull? Would you think it would be worth working on it?

Thank you for your time and your opinion

LordGeneral

(Its probably the wrong forum to post this, so If it is it I appology)

As long as you have fun working on it, it's worth it.

If you want to go with lore, find some information on what happend to the three houses and Morrowind since Morrowind ( :psyduck: ) and try to tell that tale. I would love a mod like that.

That was my mainidea:

Telling the story of the three houses, by adding some historical books or something like that and also the story of the small group of survivors living in exile and trying desperstly to recover and rebuilt their home somewhere else. But thiey're not able to live in peace with each other, old conflicts reappear and so on.

I assure you it wouldnt be a waste of time nor efforts. A lot of people (especially the "Ol' time gamers" from Morrowind) would like to see the great houses back once again. I have but one thing to say to you: THE LORE.

Of course the story and the books can be somehow whatever you want them to be but you must think about the known lore around those 3 great houses. As you may know the house Redoran didnt get destroyed, on the countrary, Redoran house saw prosperity and growth during the following events from NEREVAR to DOVAKHIIN (200 years gap time). The Telvanni's pretty much didnt change; they still have an awesome political power and stuff like that and they still rule a lot over morrowind.

The "big change" is about House Hlaalu that got somewhat destroyed by the imperial conflits between native races and stuff like that.

As I am informed the telvanni are nearly extinct by the argonians invading Morrowind after the red year, becausetheyre the house profitinh the most of slavery

Of course I'll try to be as lore-friendly as possible, but the province Morrowind won't be object of my mod, on the one hand because of its size, on the other hand because the volcano destroyed mostly everything and third because I surely won't be able to recreate the old style because I'm not skilled enough with recreating the old meshes and textures. I can't use of the original ones, because of the licensing. It would be illegal :/

Edited by LordGeneral

As I am informed the telvanni are nearly extinct by the argonians invading Morrowind after the red year, becausetheyre the house profitinh the most of slavery

Of course I'll try to be as lore-friendly as possible, but the province Morrowind won't be object of my mod, on the one hand because of its size, on the other hand because the volcano destroyed mostly everything and third because I surely won't be able to recreate the old style because I'm not skilled enough with recreating the old meshes and textures. I can't use of the original ones, because of the licensing. It would be illegal :/

You could wait until Dragonborn is released for the PC - then you will have a number of the original assets recreated by bethesda for the new creation engine. No legal issues there... :)

Oh yeah :teehee: This sound super ;D

what did they recreate exactly? which architectures?

Forget it ;) I have seen some screens and I must admit it looks really good :)

Finally I will probably make some little mods instead of pne big, filling the historical gaps between dragonborn-dlc and third age, adding more redoran- and telvanni-settlements or perhaps a questline around the remnants of House Hlaalu.

And wait for Dragonborn to come out in Europe :)

Edited by LordGeneral

• 4 years later...