Mod Request.

KalinSaast1981

Hiya all. As i was pulling apart the GECK last night, trying to find out what does what lol, i had an awesome idea for a new weapon mod. As i am in the process of learning the basics of modding i'm wondering if there is anyone crazy enough to help this idea of mine become reality.

1: Basically i was thinking about a shoulder mounted , heavy duty laser cannon, using the Missile launcher for the shoulder cannon. For the weapons discharge beam i am hoping that its gonna be possible to use

Liberty Primes primary Laser "The cool blue one"

, as it looks absolutely awesome when in use.

2: If the most basic form of this is possible as ive layed out about then obviously the next step is to alter the shoulder cannon mesh to make it look like a more unique and less like a missile launcher. For the weapon textures i was thinking along the lines of

The outcasts power armor.

You know the rusty but operational look lol.

3: Obviously its going to be quite a high powered weapon so the Weapon energy cell capacity should be reletively low 5-8 shots before reload. Most of the energy weapons in the game use Energy cell or Microfusion so i don't think there is any need for a custom ammunition. At least then it still fits within game lore. I guess the weapon strength should be around that of the Gatling Laser, but the weapon should be single shot "Less likely for abuse" For repairs i thought the most logical choice would be to use Missile Launchers as they would be the only other shoulder mounted weapons in the game.

4: That is pretty much it. But i would like for it to be Called "The Liberty Cannon". One last note.... I don't want this to become some sort of Uber weapon. This is not how i envisioned it. It should be a balanced weapon that adds some new excitement to fire fights later on in the game.

Many Thanks

KalinSaast :thumbsup:

Archived