possible to mod UI pop up size/position?

mrmike1949

I started game at 1024 x 768 resolution and the Ingredients menu was sized perfectly so that when I go to return the unused ingredients to the storage chest, the button that I had to press for "YES" was inside the menu, so I never had to move the mouse, and could just press, press, press to put ingredients away.

Now I've changed resolution to 1920 x 1080, and that no longer works. And it is an INCREDIBLE time consuming, carpal tunnel causing P.I.T.A. to put multiple ingredients back into storage chest

Any simple way to correct this for 1920 x 1080? It really does look so much nicer than 1024, but it is too much of a pain to do alchemy

the redundancy of repetitive actions has already been addressed by multiple mods. i particularly like toggeable quantity prompt.

it's rather the point of scripting, well programming more.

i remember in the past writing a webpage, didn't bother to check it in other resolutions. winds up javascript had a simple solution. when dealing with menus, you're mostly dealing w/ xml. i think it's been over a decade since i messed with it. i'm pretty sure every custom UI, darnified, btmod, nothern UI do this for all menus. if you're using one of there's, you should probably address the author unless you want to extend your hand a bit w/ dealing w/ xml. most of the time though, it's just the ratio of the screen and not a particular resolution that distorts it.

if you're using the default UI and it's a accepted resolution, i would gander that it works, as the authors (bethesda) already took that into account. i had a similar problem with 'dynamic maps'. so, as a test, i extracted the world map to see if it showed correctly and wasn't distorted ... it wasn't. using GIMP, i simply pasted the colored map over the default and problem solved. 'dynamic maps' worked in the past ... i never delved deeper to figure out why it got distorted, yet looking at the resolutions could have been one reason, as it only offers one size.

xml really isn't that hard. whichever UI you're using ... as with most Old-livion, the original authors have abandoned their projects. the resolutions of 1152x864 or 1280x960 have the same ratio as 1024x768 if you want to try that ... the easy way. or other resolutions of a ratio of 4:3 ... 2048 x 1536 is close to what ya have. i guess ya' see where i'm going w/ this. 4:3 worked.

out of curiousity, how many of your other menus are messed up?

--------------------------

i did find w/ the 'dynamic maps' issue, that if i changed my Oblv rez to that of the desktop, which was higher, it did correct the issue also ... but i was happy w/ the resolution i was playing at, coincidentally your old rez of 1024x768.

another option that may work, i haven't tried it. there's an executable called game companion primarily used for borderless windows. it fixed a problem for me trying to record some game footage, whereas before it was just a black screen ... i suppose bcz the obliv was running in a different resolution than the recorder, which was more than likely at full desktop. it has several modes of rendering.

Edited by bobbyskel78

You can in fact change that but it won't be simple due to the xml nature of Oblivion menus and the fact that it doesn't render the UI at the resolution you set the game. You can use the arrow keys and enter to control most menus too