Vortex.exe disappearing

tesoblivor

This happened twice now and appears to occur when there is a Vortex update available, but you exit the program without updating. The scenario seems to happen this way:

1. On exiting Vortex you are asked to allow Vortex to make changes to your computer. I've said yes each time, not sure what would happen if I said no.

2. You cannot go back into the program as it says you don't have permission.

3. If you check the file properties for Vortex.exe and try to take ownership you cannot. You are told by Windows that you have no permissions.

4. Eventually Vortex.exe disappears.

Installing Vortex again seems to resolve the issue, except this second time my Fallout 4 mod section is telling me I have a ton of files that are conflicting. Some of the those files should not be conflicting at all.

For example these two mods have a conflict: "A bundle of tape" and "Ak5c". The file in question is "...\steamapps\common\fallout 4\data\fomod\info.xml".

What is that file and why is it conflcting? That's not even the strangest.

Hopefully that's enough to shed light on whats happening and I really hope it can be resolved. But more than that can anyone suggest something to get my database back on track and not messed up please?

UPDATE: Skyrim Special Edition is also reporting that the file ""...\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\fomod\info.xml" is also conflicting with several mods. What is this file and why is it a problem?

This isn't a file I've seen in any mod I've installed?

UPDATE: Skyrim Special Edition is also reporting that the file ""...\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\fomod\info.xml" is also conflicting with several mods. What is this file and why is it a problem?

It's a bug in the newest version of Vortex, as seen in many threads that have been started

It's being worked on

It's a bug in the newest version of Vortex, as seen in many threads that have been started

It's being worked on

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.