Gamer's Connection

Werewolf334

From all genres and every age of gamekind on the PC from the award winning spacewar and Doom series on the old MSDOS to Windows XP/Vista with the most played Fallout 3 or WoW (scorn!) what has been and currently is your most played and favored games?

I grew up on the computer needless to say, and gaming was a big hit even on the MSDOS. What really started my career as extreme gamer and RPG player was indeed, Diablo. I loved the game, the mythology, and the interactions within that world. As time went by games got better and better, but only some have caught my interest. I can't wait for Diablo 3 to be precise.

Diablo has been my favorite all time game, I can still play both Diablo 1,2, and LOD. Before I got interacted with Diablo I spend a majority of my time trying to figure out Myst... Yes, the old mystery series. Took me days to get by certain parts, as I was actually very young back then. Sad to say I started on the computer as soon as I learned mathematics at the age of 5, hopefully I am not the only one guilty of this.

After a while I started to go into larger online games (MMORPGS), and spent more than 3 years in one game- Horizons: Empire of Istaria. This game was one of the biggest in my own opinions when it came to MMORPGS, why? Because every week you got updates and new content, the game continues to grow - and yes, people still play it! I still rank it above WoW because it has more races, more exploration, more classes, more everything, and that is despite the expansion packs previously released for WoW.

So my list of the most played games ranked as shows is:

Horizons,

Diablo series,

Myst series,

Doom series,

Oblivion,

Fallout 3,

spacewar,

and yes ping pong.

Overall the most enchanting and amazing gaming world I have ever explored has been the FEAR series. This game impacted and got me involved into it just as much as horizons. Sadly to say, because there was hardly any updatable content playing it over and over and over you get used to the game-play and it grows old, much like every game. This thread however, is about the games that you can play forever, and can revisit for a long time! (I have been subscribed to horizons since 2003 and am just now withdrawing my $15 a month subscription, you do the math of how much money I have put into it over the years :D)

From all genres and every age of gamekind on the PC from the award winning spacewar and Doom series on the old MSDOS to Windows XP/Vista with the most played Fallout 3 or WoW (scorn!) what has been and currently is your most played and favored games?

I grew up on the computer needless to say, and gaming was a big hit even on the MSDOS. What really started my career as extreme gamer and RPG player was indeed, Diablo. I loved the game, the mythology, and the interactions within that world. As time went by games got better and better, but only some have caught my interest. I can't wait for Diablo 3 to be precise.

Diablo has been my favorite all time game, I can still play both Diablo 1,2, and LOD. Before I got interacted with Diablo I spend a majority of my time trying to figure out Myst... Yes, the old mystery series. Took me days to get by certain parts, as I was actually very young back then. Sad to say I started on the computer as soon as I learned mathematics at the age of 5, hopefully I am not the only one guilty of this.

After a while I started to go into larger online games (MMORPGS), and spent more than 3 years in one game- Horizons: Empire of Istaria. This game was one of the biggest in my own opinions when it came to MMORPGS, why? Because every week you got updates and new content, the game continues to grow - and yes, people still play it! I still rank it above WoW because it has more races, more exploration, more classes, more everything, and that is despite the expansion packs previously released for WoW.

So my list of the most played games ranked as shows is:

Horizons,

Diablo series,

Myst series,

Doom series,

Oblivion,

Fallout 3,

spacewar,

and yes ping pong.

Overall the most enchanting and amazing gaming world I have ever explored has been the FEAR series. This game impacted and got me involved into it just as much as horizons. Sadly to say, because there was hardly any updatable content playing it over and over and over you get used to the game-play and it grows old, much like every game. This thread however, is about the games that you can play forever, and can revisit for a long time! (I have been subscribed to horizons since 2003 and am just now withdrawing my $15 a month subscription, you do the math of how much money I have put into it over the years :D )

I took my Clan from our first MMORPG (Shadowbane) to Horizons when it launched. We hung in there for as long as we could but with all the trouble they had, finally left.

I do still miss my dragon, Noxuathl, now and then, though. I DON'T miss the laborious building of his cave, though. Ugh, that was hideous, especially after already building clan silos, etc. heh

Cheers.

Nice to see someone that played that game as well. Im going to miss my Half-Giant lvl 100 guardian/druid/reaver/mage, fast reply too :D The lairs were hideously hard to build I had a master lair crafter, but gave up after awhile and then came back once the recent updates made the game better (note, the game has a new owner and they have been doing the game some good, but I relentlessly stopped playing because I became addicted to it and decided to make a vow to stop playing it)

Nice to see someone that played that game as well. Im going to miss my Half-Giant lvl 100 guardian/druid/reaver/mage, fast reply too :D The lairs were hideously hard to build I had a master lair crafter, but gave up after awhile and then came back once the recent updates made the game better (note, the game has a new owner and they have been doing the game some good, but I relentlessly stopped playing because I became addicted to it and decided to make a vow to stop playing it)

Oi, don't you bloody tempt me into waking him up you *censored*. hehe.

Out of all the characters I've played in all the MMORPGS I've been in (Shadowbane, Horizons, SWG, Eve, WoW, LOTRO) I found Nox the easiest to RP for some reason so I do miss him.

I'm currently only dabbling in LOTRO as I got tired of MMORPGs, mainly because of the maturity level of the people who play them.

Cheers.

lol sorry to tempt you more, but the game's community is well evolved now. The maturity aspects are amazing, and people there are willing to role play with you no matter what server your on. :D

*ignores the werewolf and stops thinking of flying through the air on great, leathery wings*

lol sorry to tempt you more, but the game's community is well evolved now. The maturity aspects are amazing, and people there are willing to role play with you no matter what server your on. :D

*ignores the werewolf and stops thinking of flying through the air on great, leathery wings*

lol

i don't know where hes been playing but theres tards in EVE and thats not exactly a easy pick up and play MMO and theres always XBL so you can get sworn at by 12year olds

Fly gracefully with the high winds, sweet dragon's of my memory -http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/White_fang334/Horizons/horizons_1188754659.png

But next time you venture out into the hordes of the blight don't get caught! Darned albino!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/White_fang334/Horizons/horizons_1204503017.png

In cages like that you start to remember all the fun times you had : preying on bipeds -

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/White_fang334/Horizons/horizons_1188336132.png

Sight-seeing on the beach

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/White_fang334/Horizons/beautiful.png

EVOLVING INTO AN ANCIENT DRAGON

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/White_fang334/Horizons/horizons_1202274325.png

spending time with dad

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/White_fang334/Horizons/ChildhoodMemories.png

I had to - sorry :D

Archived