Some glow mods?

Rapier_21

Heya. How hard would it be, to do some glow mods on the alien blaster/firelance, the ammo for those, and maybe the nuka grenade?

I'd appreciate if somebody could do (Or explain how to do) this, because I have a hard time finding the ammo and especially the blaster, even in the dark.

And I think the nuka grenade would look 10x better if it had some sort of blue-ish glow to it.

I guess on the blaster, just make the blue parts glow blue, turn up the glow effect on the cells so it's twice as bright would work.

How does one change this stuff?

Heya. How hard would it be, to do some glow mods on the alien blaster/firelance, the ammo for those, and maybe the nuka grenade?

I'd appreciate if somebody could do (Or explain how to do) this, because I have a hard time finding the ammo and especially the blaster, even in the dark.

And I think the nuka grenade would look 10x better if it had some sort of blue-ish glow to it.

I guess on the blaster, just make the blue parts glow blue, turn up the glow effect on the cells so it's twice as bright would work.

Check out the glow tutorial in my signature if you want to give it a shot yourself. Good luck and happy modding!

Check out the glow tutorial in my signature if you want to give it a shot yourself. Good luck and happy modding!

I looked at that.

I got as far down as adding the texture calls before I got lost.

For, say, the ammo, do I actually have to do all that, or can I just edit the DDS to make the glow brighter?

The GECK is more my thing, I get lost on the graphics side. :wallbash:

I looked at that.

I got as far down as adding the texture calls before I got lost.

For, say, the ammo, do I actually have to do all that, or can I just edit the DDS to make the glow brighter?

The GECK is more my thing, I get lost on the graphics side. :wallbash:

Yes, you'd have to edit the NIF of the ammo that's just laying around to add a *_g.dds for the glow. You'd also have to set the Emissive Color to something brighter (or just white).

Another issue is that frequently adding a glow map to a NIF corrupts the NIF so that, while it still works in-game, it can't be reopened in NIFSkope. It's rather frustrating but if you always keep a copy of your NIFs pre-glow then it's not a huge issue.

Archived