Necromage vampire exploit fix

plectrius

I personally feel it was one of the few worthwhile perks in vanilla skyrim, and I am currently looking for the exact opposite as SkyRe

removes this advantage...

I haven't tested it myself, but this mod by Ninja117 claims to reverse what the USKP does to necromage, maybe it will work for SkyRe as well:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29474

Edited by sevencardz

• 2 weeks later...

plectrius, on 10 Feb 2013 - 06:05, said:

From 06 Feb 2013 - 21:50:

I'm not talking about removing all of the boosts completely because the basic premise is logical: You are undead and you are a necromage, thus spells you cast on yourself are more effective.

I get your point but - in my opinion - even spells you cast on yourself are not concerned by the necromage perk, the main clue here is the word AGAINST. It's clearly intended to increase damage/duration on foes not on yourself. In other words a necromage is an expert in harming undead, nothing else. Once again that's just my opinion...

I understand your point too, but the meaning of 'against' is open for interepretation, so I choose all of them:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/against

1a. destruction spells are more effective against (in hostility to) the undead

2a. necromancy spells are more effective against (directly opposite) undead corpses

4b. turn undead, warding spells are more effective against (as a defense or protection from) the undead

5a. healing/flesh/invisibility spells are more effective against (in the direction of and into contact with) your undead self

Shouts are spells too, so Elementay Fury, Become Ethereal, etc should also stay boosted.

I think Bethesda intended for Necromage to be a pretty flexible perk but just screwed up the implementation. The ability to do more spell damage to the undead makes sense, and if you attain advanced knowledge of both the undead and restoration magic, shouldn't you also be better at healing and protecting the undead? If you are undead, why wouldn't that apply to you as well?

However, I do agree that all boosts to enchanted items, potions, perks, standing stones and blessings just don't make sense and seem to be unintentional bugs which should be fixed by my estimate.

I know this debate is getting old but I disagree, why do you need to interprate the word "against" ? I mean beside searching a definition that means the exact opposite !! You're eliminating 8 definitions of the word "against" that doesn't fit with your point of view and keeping the only one that is actually completely irrelevant in this particular case. Read the example they gave you:

a : in the direction of and into contact with <knocked against the ropes>
b : in contact with <leaning against the wall>

This can't be applied in our particular context.

Second point: Shouts are... Shouts, not spells. If shouts were spells then they have to make them part of one school of magic or another with all bonus perks and so on, that's not the case.

Third point: If your undead status affects spells you cast "against your undead self" like you said then what could be the result of casting let's say Guardian circle (Undead up to level 35 entering the circle will flee. Caster heals 20 health per second inside it) ?