Creation Kit NPC Armor issue?

NWaldinger

Hey all, I have a little problem with my NPC. I'm trying to make an Uruk-Hai warrior and I downloaded the "Uruk Hai Armor" mod to go with it. I'm using the Creation Kit and here's what we're looking at:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/MMA-CAF/Uruk-HaiSS1_zps3876c527.png

In the first picture, I'm under the 'Inventory' tab and I tried to add the Uruk Hai Armor by default. The armor wasn't there and he's left how the preview is: naked.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/MMA-CAF/Uruk-HaiSS2_zps32446919.png

In this picture I'm under the 'Traits' tab. I went under the 'Skin' tab and found the Uruk Hai cuirass as an option. So I used this (as seen in the picture) but I can't add anything else. I want to add a helmet and steel plate gauntlets/boots and obviously a weapon. So does anyone want to help me out? I'm relatively new to this so please keep the explanation simple.

Cheers!

Armor should not be added through the skin option in traits. This is only if you want to make sure the armor cannot be removed and is seen as 'naked'. What you see here is that the whole body of the orc is being replaced by the cuirass piece, which does not include the hands or feet of the armor. If you want to add the armor to the npc, you'll need to create an outfit and add the cuirass, feet and hands (and a helmet or something else if you want) to the list. Then you go to the inventory tab and add the outfit you've created to the npc by selecting it in the Default Outfit tab.

As Hellscreamy said, you should not be adding armour as skin. Even if you don't want the armour to be removable from the NPC, you still should not add it as skin. Instead, you should toggle the flag to make the armour 'unplayable' and it will no longer drop as loot when the NPC dies. You can then assign the armour as part an outfit, and assign the outfit to the NPC.

Armor should not be added through the skin option in traits. This is only if you want to make sure the armor cannot be removed and is seen as 'naked'. What you see here is that the whole body of the orc is being replaced by the cuirass piece, which does not include the hands or feet of the armor. If you want to add the armor to the npc, you'll need to create an outfit and add the cuirass, feet and hands (and a helmet or something else if you want) to the list. Then you go to the inventory tab and add the outfit you've created to the npc by selecting it in the Default Outfit tab.

Thanks! It worked! But now I'm encountering a different problem: in game, the armor doesn't show up on the NPC. Here's what's happening:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/MMA-CAF/Uruk-HaiCommander_zpse04a0118.png

I got the outfit and did everything you said. It all looks great in the CK, but in game he only has the steel plate gauntlets and steel plate boots. So I looked at his inventory (in game) and sure as s***, all he has is his steel plate gauntlets and boots.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/MMA-CAF/Outfit2_zps16cc0240.png

So I went and looked at his outfit and this is what I saw. For some reason his Uruk-Hai Armor was taken out.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/MMA-CAF/Outfit_zpsb2f7110f.png

I placed all the armor back into his outfit and launched Skyrim. Again, nothing. He just comes up naked (except his gauntlets and boots). Sorry I couldn't get screenshots of him in game, Bandicam is messing up at the moment.

Sorry for bugging you but you're the only person whose advice worked so you must know what you're talking about. Thanks in advance!

Just wondering, but did you remove the steel armor from the Outfit list because I still see it in the screenshots. It could be that the armor value of steel is higher than that of Urukhai armor and that the npc decides to wear that instead. You can fix this by increasing the armor value of the urukhai armor (increases the strength of the armor) or by simply removing the steel armors from the list, just press delete to do this.

Be sure that the outfit you've created does not replace another outfit (by renaming SteelOutfit to Urukhai for example), this could cause problems with other mods and will give every npc who uses this outfit Urukhai armor.

• 6 months later...

Download Third Era wars it adds just the thing you want, fighting Uruk-Hai =). As for their sounds i prefer the giant sound. It sounds more orc like then the dremoras.

The problem is that you're trying to make a mod that requires armor from another mod. To get around this issue you would have to duplicate the armor and it's armor addon entry. Then don't forget to set the duplicated armors armor addon entry to the new one you just created. Add it to your outfit and you're done and apply it to your npc.