bug: 1st person camera turn

lunatech666

Hey. I have this really annoying glitch and could not find anything on google. It actually just started today after installing the mod Weapon Mod Expansions, but I had previously installed several other new mods in the past like half hour so I can't be completely certain it is the culprit. What happens occasionally(seems to stop for random amount of time could be 20 minutes) is that the camera will turn to the left maybe 30 degrees over the period of about half a second, and then move back immediately. This repeats after about 2 seconds later over and over again even if i switch weapons, sling my weapon, or take off my weapon. In third person the guy just stops moving for a second and then keeps walking. It's like the camera would turn in an explosion but far more annoying. Please if anyone has heard of this issue, help because it is very annoying.

Also, I haven't yet tried uninstalling weapon mod expansion, as I think that might make me uninstall several other mods.

I also, if necessary, could in some way post a video of it.

thank you very much.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah post a video if you can, I can only think of two things: a broken animation as WMX uses WAR animations and/or a conflicting animation from another mod OR a broken savegame from removing an important mod. Post a load order and let's have a look.

Yeah post a video if you can, I can only think of two things: a broken animation as WMX uses WAR animations and/or a conflicting animation from another mod OR a broken savegame from removing an important mod. Post a load order and let's have a look.

Here goes my load order, including one I just installed 5 minutes ago, the murderizer. Keep in mind many of these I have had for years even, and many just the past few days.

FalloutNV.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

CaravanPack.esm

ClassicPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

Weapon Mod Expansion.esm

WME - DLCs.esm

WME - GRA Light.esm

wsex.esm

Cannabis.esm

RedRockRanch.esm

AEVegas.esm

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne WME.esp

AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp

TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp

NVWillow.esp

Docs Sexy Nurse.esp

bzBodySuits.esp

wsexInnuendoAnims.esp

Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp

Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp

Animated Prostitution.esp

Perk Every Level No Cap.esp

1 Camon PPSH.esp

A New Weapon House.esp

NCR Rearmament v1.5.esp

Murdelizer.esp

ADAM - MAIN.esp

ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp

ADAM - Project Nevada Patch.esp

ADAM - Trooper Gloves.esp

ADAM - LR.esp

ADAM - HH.esp

ADAM - Outcast Ranger Armour.esp

ADAM - Nemesis Armours.esp

ADAM - NCR Patrol Armour.esp

Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

WME - DLCs.esp

WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp

WME - GRA Light.esp

WME - GRA Light Arenovalis.esp

A total of 50 files I think. You can take a look at that while I try to wrangle a video of it and upload it.

This is very interesting, i see the 1st person keeps going sideways and back but is that 3rd perosn camera aiming at the ground by itself or was that you? Not really important but yeah just like to know.

Now i'm definitely thinking an animation bug and i'm thinking wme. Lets do this for starts: Go back to the downloaded WME file and extract it somewhere. Also it would help to know if you had to override any files when installing WME. When you've done this search the mod for .KF files (just type .KF in windows search) and then tell me what comes up, i imagine a few. Don't worry about posting the names of the files just tell me how many. What we will do is remove them and test it, i'll tell you how after we do this.

Then if that fails are is not the culprit, we'll make a merged patch, from the look of your install you really need one anyway. Don't worry it will take a few minutes to make with FNVedit (if you don't already use it).

And for another thing just for good measure, disable mouse acceleration. It's common practice for NV to do that and the mouse is heaps better.

BTW thumbs up for Pink Floyd.

EDIT: What is this ADAM mod you've got here? Haven't heard of that one. Also for good measure put AG supplementary uniques esps BELOW WME esps for good measure. Sometimes mods dependent on other mods ESMs get overridden by the ESMs dependant ESPs and cause problems. Sounds confusing but i see it a lot.

In the video, I had full control of the 3rd person camera. In third person the only issue is not being able to walk for a second. I extracted WME and its patches, the DLC one and the GRA one, and found 4 .KE files. And ADAM is a mod that upgrades the textures and meshes of all ranger armor like gear, including riot gear and other stuff, as well as some crafting recipes. IDK why it has so many ESPs I tried to merge them using FNVPlugin which I just downloaded yesterday, but it did not seem to work. Will that work to merge plugins? I havent quite figured out how to use it correctly, plus it seems like the download link on the nexus for FNVEdit is down right now. So tell me what to do next, right now I will disable mouse acceleration also.

Hey I just want to update I forgot to mention my game crashes really often lately seems more often when the bug in question is occuring. Today in fact, I have only been able to play 10 seconds before it crashes. When it crashes its just the game freezes and the only way out is ctrl alt dlt. I have to admit I am getting very frustrated with the game lately, I was actually just trying to find all the locations so I could be satisfied uninstalling it, but there are just so many fun mods I don't know if I ever can uninstall it unless this bug is not fixed. Then, I would uninstall it. However I really hope there is a fix.

Thanks and I look forward to your next instructions.

Well we need a merged patch from FNVedit or Wrye Flash. If you don't know Wrye Flash then FNVedit will do. I can see by the LO it needs it and a lot of things will be out of place without it.

For now: Create a folder somewhere and cut all files from you NV Data file with he extensions: .KF, .KS, .KN. and paste them to that folder then load up the game. You may still experience the crash since that will be a LO problem or perhaps a missing master etc or anything, we will get to that. Try loading from a save from before WME install just to test this camera glitch.

As for FNVPlugin, it is useful but i find only for smaller mods. It's not quite as good as FO3Plugin as NV added lots more data to the engine and it doesn't always work properly merging mods. With ADAM, you could try merging just the patches for the DLCs in one esp and then merge the extra armor addons into another. Don't try and merge the main esp though.

Now if need be i will upload FNVedit 3.26 Somewhere privately and give you the link if it is still down. I think a merged patch will help you a lot, and i will further study your LO for improvements.

One more thing i want to know is if you installed WME via FOMOD, might help speed things up if we have to get rid of it, and i'd recommend getting WMX. I use FOOK, WMX, PN, AWOP, MoMod, NVEC + NVCE, CNR, NMC, UHP + oHUD and plethora of others and very stable so i know that WMX is better than WME and is more supported. We will get to the bottom of this.

Well I actually was later able to download and install FNVEdit, but I still can't quite figure out how to use it. I think I'm going to sleep, and tomorrow I will try your other ideas. However I am quite confused about one thing. What is WMX, because I thought WME was the same thing as WMX actually. Because of that I may have been installing mods that require WMX even if i did not have it, which would cause a lot of problems I assume. And I install almost everything via nexus mod manager, and a few things manually.