bug: 1st person camera turn

lunatech666

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got the GRA patches for Mail Order Catalogues? This could be the conflict but i feel there may be some missing resources from some mods as well as typical crash on load and menu is missing resources. I'll just go to into my install and see what GRA says about MOC. I'm sure i don't have that error though.

Ok is this the version of MOC you've got: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47712

I personally don't even have that one, i've got the old one here: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39490

Tell me which version and i'll see what i can find.

EDIT: If you have the Updated version make sure your LO looks like this:

WMX Core

WMX DLC Patches in correct order

Mail Order Catalogs

Mail Order Catalogs WMX Patch

Then merged patch. The updated version would be better for you if you don't already have it, as it requires all the DLCs so that will save 5 patches off your LO.

EDIT: I'm upgrading mine to the new one myself, i had a flick the the read me and it looks really good.

I couldn't find it either but i have one in my Moald Order, i wonder where it went? Perhaps it's in the WMX Patch Grab Bag available from WMX's page? I've got all the archives on my computer let me extract them and find out which DL to get for the patch, (mind you i'm not sure if it will work with the updated version i'm still testing it, just upgraded it myself, in theory it should be because all the FormIDs should be the same as the original).

Now you see the joys of modding lol.

Alright if that works that will be great, but its not in the grab bag because that just has WMX-Arwen realism, WMX-FOOKNV CP, WMX-FOOKNV-DLC, and WMX-shotguncommando.

Hey I just used the steam verify again, and didnt even mess with mods before trying the game after that, and IT WORKED! There wasn't even THE CAMERA GLITCH. Now, as it worked once before, I can't be certain it will work again, but Im going to try to install some new mods now. Got them all waitin in NMM :).

It seems that it is working perfectly now, besides occasional crashes, which seems to be a standard in bethesda games for me. I installed FOOK, and some new weapons. I really like one mod called AEVegas, adds some heavy .50MG cannons.

Edited by lunatech666

Hey the game seems good, except I am noticing it definitely crashes a lot. Freezing in the middle of playing, and Freezing while loading. Did you mention a 4 GB patch before? I looked it up and I'll try it, but I'm pretty sure I used one for 3 GB a while ago. Looking in the resource monitor it says it only uses 4 GB of 8 GB while playing FNV, maybe its capping it.

Sorry for the late reply, i've got a cold atm. If there's crashes quite often with that small a load list there's probably something wrong somewhere still, although at least we've eliminated other bugs. The 4GB patch will definitely give you some stability while running high graphics and more mods, get it here:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35262

To install just extract all the files to the game directory, not the data folder, then add a FNV4GB.exe as a shortcut to your desktop and Launch the game from that. Be sure to have steam open before trying to run from it, that way the launcher won't pop up. It will automatically run NVSE 2.12 for you so don't worry about that.

Also try running NVSR (stutter remover) to help prevent crashes, I can help you to set it up for a maximum 60FPS (by default it limits to 30FPS). It's just a quick change in the INI file of NVSR. That will automatically run with the 4GB patch.

My theory is there's a mistake in either your installation still or something that needs patching hasn't made the patch. If i had your install with FNVedit in front of me it could probably tell you what it is but seems though I can't well it's a lot harder, and will be for anyone. i will try to devise a way to make it easier but your probably gonna have to learn some more FNVedit.

Also have you tried starting a new game and just backing up your old saves? A broken save game can cause CTDs and FREEZING ESPECIALLY.

I run 10 times more mods than you and I only ever get crashes wyhen my RAM or VRAM really needs a restart to buffer, after 8 hours or so. There's definitely something up with your install, whether it be a patch missing or a dud mod or something missing from the patch.