bug: 1st person camera turn

lunatech666

Yeah NMM can cause problems when you just install anything without fully knowing, a lot of people do it. WMX and WME are similar, Weapon Mods Expansion - WME and Weapon Mods Expanded - WMX. WMX was made by the original maker of FO3's WMK - Weapon Mod Kits and from my experience WMX is far more supported than WME. Yes you could have installed the wrong mods and patches for that.

Seems though you used NMM, i have NEVER used it but does it allow for uninstalling? If so drop WME. Type WMX in the search on the nexus. It should be the last option to appear funnily enough. DL that NOT with NMM and but don't try install it yet, we'll get to that after WME is gone. You may have to roll back to an earlier save before WME otherwise you'll get CTDs from buggy saves.

Don't stress about FNVedit, what we want to do with it is much easier than you might think, just drop all the files for FNVedit in the games root directory. We'll get to that after we sort this bug out. Has to be something with WME, the other mods here wouldn't cause i don't believe.

One thing you will learn is that heavily modding NV is difficult if you don't know the programs to make it happen. It took me a whole fortnight to get my install where i wanted it, and even then i'm not done, constantly finding things to patch and balance. But once you have it done, it's so worth it. I thinkit would take me a year to finish the game now theres so much content ;).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just removed all the KS files they all came from one directory so Im not worries about putting them back, but there are no KN or KS files in DATA.

So just to be clear, WME = weapon mods expansion, WMX = weapon mod expanded? I think I realized a big problem. I am sure I had WMX installed and then 2 days ago when I installed WME it said just delete the plugins for previous versions, so I thought I had to delete the WMX plugins lmao. So now everything from WMX other than the plugins is there, in addition to WMX requiring mods, and now I also have WME lmao.

Edit: BTW I just uninstalled WME and its updates using NMM, thats really easy, and the game crashes on startup. I think that means some mods depend on WME right?

Edited by lunatech666

When I loaded the game w/o KFs It froze at the ranger armor guy picture which is the main menu screen but it didnt load the menus. Then I realized I had not gotten all the KFs. So now Im grabbing them from several other directorys. We'll see how that goes.

edit: well I removed them all, it turns out they were mostly all sex animations from the animated sex mod... if that is a problem I can just uninstall it. But when I loaded the game with all of them removed it still stopped at the main menu. I think I will actually put them all back and uninstall the sex one.

Edited by lunatech666

Ah i didn't think about the wsex mod. Yeah them KFs are depended on by the ESP so put them back. Okay well we can't test that just now.

I didn't see WMX in you LO? Anyway get rid of WME and the install WMX with the DLC patches. It would be great if NMM can auto-uninstall WME, then we won't have to worry about loose files causing problems. make sure WMX is last in the LO below adam but not below any cosmetic packs, races etc.

Does sound like this is the problem, though i can't logically per say, relate it to the camera glitch, never used WME personally but i can only pin it to animations or even perhaps INI changes such as FOV but i dunno if WME would change that.

WMX will add new animations from WAR so don't worry about that. That might just fix it but if not we'll look into resetting the INIs just in case.

OH i just remembered also, PN uses WAR animations and others. I don't think it's WME compatible either. Be sure to get WMX PN patches.

Okay so to simplify it:

Temporarily uninstall Wsex, we'll put it back after.

Uninstall WME.

Install WMX.

Then we test it - from a save BEFORE WME

If problems reset INI files and re-verify game cache - may not have same camera glitch but might be something else (you never know, the Gamebyro engine is full of surprises)

Test again.

If still problems grab a Fat Man and launch a mini nuke into your PC (lol don't)

By now it should be good to reinstall wsex mod and reorganize the LO. Then you'd be surprised how quick it is to make the merged patch

To make the merged patch open all your active mods in FNVedit (should be already selected when you open it), then when it loads right click on any of the mods, doesn't matter which and click "Apply Filter" and just select OK as those setting are already configured for it. When that loads up you'll see lot's of pretty colors, ignore them. Right click again and select "Create Merged Patch" then wait for that and then DONE, just enable it. Makes a world of difference.

Wow lot of input, hopefully after this you'll be much more knowledgeable lol. And hopefully avoid WME problem in future lol.

I guess I was not very clear what I realized happened is that when I installed WME I deleted the esp files for WMX, and did not fully uninstall it, so when I reinstalled it now I have a WMX esp as well as WME plugins. So at this point I already uninstalled all the sex mods because I guess their kind of unnecessary, and probably causing some problems, but ever since I did the KF removal I cannot load the game. It stops at the menu screen. I think I should have read the readme for WMX better because it says any time you install it uninstall any other mod altering mods, so I will try that again the right way, and see if everything will work. And whats PN? Right now as I am writing this I am trying to install all my mods correctly including WMX, which I did first, and I am having a lot of problems with not running WME. It turns out my AG supplementary uniques is the WME version, so now I have to replace that whole setup which is quite a hefty manual install. It would all be so much easier if I could just keep WME, but if you say it is bad I will continue trying to work around it.

It is only really bad when it comes to adding more mods. Not many major mods support it these days. That's the only reason why. Plus i think personally WMX is better, more control and options and extra plugins. Pn is Project Nevada. It's great with WMX.

Well it would definitely seem you made some mistakes there, if you are looking for an easy way to start from scratch just delete all the folders in your data folder, not the primary ESPs and BSAs from NV and then Re-verify your game cache with Steam. It will replace those folders and give you a nice fresh slate to mod again without reinstalling everything.

Well let me know if you have any more dramas after that and feel free to PM me for any advice. I'm actively playing NV and Oblivion and always happy to help.

So I uninstalled everything relating to WME, and then I ran FNVEdit several times until there was no error, it had me correct my load order, and then I created a merged plugin like you said. All this seems good and jolly, but it turns out when I run the game it still crashes at the main menu! Gah. That is an annoying one, and it seemed to start when I messed with the KF files. I think I will try steam validating it, that has fixed problems in the past. And btw, I just bought oblivion a few weeks ago and have not played it yet. When the time comes, I may contact you for mod support in that one too. I think I will like it because im more of a non-desert kind of gamer. I just hope there are lots of texture pack mods... And thanks for the tip on deleting the data folder. :thumbsup:

edit: well I validated it and it replaced 6 files, and I run the game again and the same bug... so I guess Im going to have to try reinstalling it some time...

Edited by lunatech666

Did you reset the INi files as well? That might help. CTD at menu is missing resources so yeah put the KF's back in, in fact should of done that when uninstalling WME but WMX should fix that as it will likely replace them with it's own. Could you please post your new LO? Just to check.

So just delete these:

Falloutdefault.ini in root directory

Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini from My Games folder in My documents.

Then Revalidate with steam as i mentioned before, yes that can help.

You should be good to go :), I'll be around if you need me again.

EDIT: Just missed your edit. Try what i just said, and also, didn't you say you were starting from scratch? You don't have to reinstall the whole thing, as i mentioned before you can delete all the folder from Data folder then revalidate to get them back. Easier than reinstalling and deleting the INI files will ensure a clean slate, they will regenerate when you run FalloutLauncher, then you can re-enter your settings, close that and run from NVSE. Then create merged patch again after you einstall the mods. This is only if you are doing the clean slate without having to reinstall the game. Remember to revalidate after deleting before reinstalling the mods.

No I did not delete the Data folder I only ran the verify to see if it would fix the issue. Now Im going to try what you said delete the inis. Also, I put all the KFs back into their places right after I removed them, and the problem persisted. What is weird though is that after I deleted the animated prostitution mod using NMM, there were still folders filled with sex KFs in my data folder ??? I guess NMM is not very efficient uninstaller.

Just incase it matters, It turns out ive been running NVSE 1.4 fr a long time, I think im going to upgrade right now.

Edit: I just did what you said and was able to run the game and play it for the first time since this morning, and Im trying to figure out how to copy a load order...

Edited by lunatech666