Build your own home.

fenon

I really liek the idea of building an outdoor house out of junk, maybe even the ability to put things like gun ports in walls. You could also add stuff to existing areas (such as adding more barriers to the abondned car fort).

Or maybe move around some enclave gun shields to fortify an encampment.

I think it is possible to place an object and have a script that if you activate it while sneaking it will give you a menu where you select "place object" And the script places the static version of that object iten at the same coordinates. So you would have havoc versions of everything that you can place where you want then use a menu to make them static.

This has been done in oblivion and does not require FOSE. It would work like Halo 3's forge!

If it could be done, how about a construction bot? It wouldn't have weapons, but would be big enough to pick up and carry large heavy objects to build with, and put them where you want... It'd be a way to make sense of moving things around that are way too big for a human to carry. You could put it in a town and make it part of a quest to get to use it.

You could add a alpha modifier on the movable versions of the objects so you would set up the translucent stuff and then it would be replaced and become solid. This could work with a script that would allow you to make a merchant to buy the parts from. So you would plan the construction and the construction company would build it (while you are away, like the house decoration works).

I took a couple of screen shots to show what I mean about the gas grenade.

The room filled with gas, doesn't show up well in the screen shot.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4865/screenshot24kx8.jpg

Just after I fired my gun.

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7623/screenshot25yx1.jpg

The gas grenade will make the gas in the game more of a feature. The first few times I came across gas I didn't even know it was there, I just fired my gun and "What the hell, why's everyone on fire!?!" was what I thought, it wasn't till I played threw the game again that I noticed it. The gas grenade itself is harmless it's only when someone shoots when they are inside the gas area (Or maybe sparks) that it turns into a fireball, if a Raider shoots at you in the gas he's really killing himself.

• 5 months later...
Guest deleted934561

I have a suggestion and if I'm not mistaking this is what your wanting

to have an outside shelter such as a burned out bus or camper or even a truck trailer that you can piece together in the waste then pick it up when your done with it?

much like the portable campsite in one of the Brahmin Bess mods (the one where Bess is between springvale and megaton

she has a tent, bed, fire, and chair in her back pack but it weighs a lot and you can't get her to take it back lol

But having the Camper or trailer hook up to 2 or 4 brahmin and have them pull it around would be cool as hell

sorry got side tracked.

But making them isn't hard what is hard, its making them into items you can pick up. I have been trying to figure this out for the suitcases that are everywhere and always empty and make them items you can fill carry

even making a place that has an interior cell wouldn't be all that hard using the same idea you just create the interior cell

link the door to the door on the exterior item like a monorail car and make it so you can carry it .

I already made an interior cell of a subway car or monorail car and a vertibird I think what would be most difficult is getting the door to stay on the object unless you change the doors graphics (i think its called OPL or OPAL) to be that of the object such as the monorail car or subway car. But then you would enter the object no matter where you clicked it

But the point is the object can be moved anywhere in the FO3 world and enter the interiors cell so as long as the doors are linked

Oh just thought about the marker from the door would have to have it stick some way or you will end up some place else from where you entered :wallbash:

Archived