ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vurt's Corals

Spirithawke

Just wondering if anyone else has ran across this issue and perhaps have a fix for it. I ran Overunity v1.9b on Vurt's Corals and received this report:

[4] Files Missing From: ((Vurt's Corals.esp))

GRS_tx_sandstone03.dds

<C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\grass\v_braincoral.nif>v_braincoral_n.dds

<C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\grass\v_braincoral.nif>v_braincoral_n.dds

<C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\grass\v_coral.nif>v_purple3_n.dds

<C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\grass\v_coral.nif>v_purple3_n.dds

<C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\grass\v_sponge2.nif>v_bubblecoral2_n.dds

<C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\grass\v_sponge2.nif>v_bubblecoral2_n.dds

I believe at least one, and maybe two of the missing textures is there but misnamed. Sadly I am not good enough with textures to be totally sure of this.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. Nowhere had any advice, so I just risked breaking things.

I hunted down all the files, and found that all the .nif files are there and fine, so I left them alone.

Now the .dds files were what was missing or misnamed. I went into the texture folders, found the files that were almost exactly the same, duplicated them, added the '_n' that the game was complaining about and then reloaded. No more error messages.

However, when i went to look at the coral, i had an odd double image thing happen. One image swayed with the current. The other was neon lit and static.

I tried running MGEGui again to redraw my distant lands, but still had the double image. I don't know if this is an essential step, but it was a step I took, so I figured I'd include it here anyway.

Remembering the joy of Vurt's Grass being impossible to walk through if it's activated in the data files of the launcher, I tried turning that off. That eliminated the neon static image.

Much luck and fun on the modding if you haven't solved this already. If nothing else, it's here for anyone else that needs it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

And now years later I'm experiencing the same problem. The odd texture look you got was due to the fact that you were pasting an incorrect texture onto an object, seeing how you just renamed texture files. I was hoping there'd be a more up to date fix to this problem though.

• 1 year later...

The _n.dds refers to the normal map for the specified texture. There are various videos on how to make normal maps. That is how I solved my problem. Gimp is a good free program for editing .dds; although you'll need a codex for both the .dds format and the normal maps option. (Also free). Unfortunately, I believe I am not legally allowed to upload the fix myself due to Vurt's owning the rights to his assets, but if you do a little google searching, it's actually rather simple, and you get to learn a new skill in the process. I hopes this helps even though it's been a year since the last post.