GeoControl2

PelinalWhitestrakeCrusader

I followed Hoddminir's tutorial to create a heightmap with photoshop. But when Geocontrol's turn comes I have problems, in hoddminir's tutorial (http://hoddminir.blogspot.nl/2012/02/from-heightmap-to-worldspace-in-skyrim.html) there are images of well eroded mountains, but when I use Geocontrol the results are very different (look at the file attached at the end of this post).

How can I fix that? I even loaded in the program one of the settings of the tutorial so it should be the same...

I am not sure but I think the cell offset is the problem. Hoddminir uses x -64 y -64 for a 4096x4096 map. Your map is smaller so maybe you should use x -16 y -16 for your map.

Another idea: I had a similar problem while following the tutorial because I used a wrong image format. I started with a normal psd and converted later to the 16 bit grayscale that is used in the tutorial. This pixaleted the grayscale and formed similar chunks like in your screenshot. So you could check if you used the correct file formats that are mentioned in the tutorial.

I created the heightmap as 16 bit grayscale and saved it as .tiff, then in geocontrol2 I made what the tutorial said and exported it, then I opened it in photoshop and saved it as .raw, and typed the line TESAnnwyn.exe -i Skyrim -p 1 -b 16 -d 1024x1024 -x -16 -y -16 -h -22192 -w name name.raw. Again it doesn't change anything.

• 4 years later...