Depth of Field not working

Ziphoblat

I've been trying to get a Depth of Field mod to improve the games visuals.

No matter what I try, I can't seem to get any results. I've installed several different ENB mods, I've tried Dynavision, none of them have any affect on the games appearance. I've had a few ENB mods that have made a subtle effect on the colours and water and things, but the end result looks nothing at all like the screenshots. I'm getting the feeling that half the stuff simply isn't being installed properly.

I've tried manually extracting and copying the contents of the mods folders into my Skyrim folder, I've also tried using the Mod Manger, doesn't seem to make a difference either way. My [imagespace] section of my SkrimPrefs.ini file looks like so:

bDoDepthOfField=1

iRadialBlurLevel=2

Any suggestions to get this working?

Edited by Ziphoblat

bDoDepthOfField=1

This setting primarily affects the background when you pull up a menu. It may have some really minor effects while actually playing, but I'm pretty sure it's fine to keep it on with a DoF mod on.

iRadialBlurLevel=2

This effect is most noticeable either when you get knocked back by a hard hit, when your HP is really low (combined with a red vignette), when you're learning a Dragon Word/absorbing a Dragon Sould (combined with a strong eye adaptation).

Neither of these setting should have anything to do with DoF from a mod; either ENB (which runs outside of Skyrim's normal Image Space post processing) or DynaVision (which utilizes Skyrim's Image Space post processing).

Make sure you're installing and configuring the mod(s) properly. DoF is generally pretty subtle so you may have to bump it up a notch or two (Depending on the ENB preset, etc.).

Edited by MShoap13