strange encounter

MichaelEllis

So, when I was exploring some rather unspectacular dungeon, a little ball of light jumped out of a jug and followed me. First I thought it'll be a lost soul, searching for its lost body to finally attack me. A more and more of these cute things appeared I became really uncomfortable. I tried to shoo them away, run really quickly, some fusrodahing and all of my weapon and magic. But no, they wanted to come along. Finally I got to the xit and leaving the thingies behind, I felt rather sad for doing so.

So, to make it short: What the friggin hell are those things?!

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not, I found nothing containing a deeper story on this but, well, let everyone have their own strange encounter.

Someone took a video of this:

I, too, assumed they were Yngol's clansmen/crew based on the book. Maybe they just wanted to see me put Yngol to rest so they could rest themselves, since they disappear after you defeat him. But I did keep expecting them to DO something other than just follow me around. I don't care what: attack me, show me something, or communicate with me somehow.

I installed the Asteria mod, and there's another of those balls when I fast travel to the teleporting statue. It rolls right into the sea and vanishes. Speaks for a sea ghost, so I assume this mystery is solved.

Yet I had another strange encounter:

On the road between Falkreath and the DBSanctuary, there's a friendly red wolf. First it came towards me and howled, but instead of attacking it just looked at me and stood beside me. I thought maybe some mod had messed up the mutt, Barbas, but I found him as well. Still the red wolf is there, and it isn't hostile.