Automatic Shotgun

Chambermade

Hi there,

while playing around with the weapon stats in the GECK, I thought about a gun from Fallout 2, the Pancor Jackhammer. As far as I remember, the Jackhammer could fire in burst mode and therefore I tried to modify the Combat Shotgun in accordance. Changed it to automatic and it worked (burst possible?).

Then I tried to create a new model for this Gun. Found Blender and just tried it out, took parts of the already existing F3 weapons and put them together (started with the G3-Rifle). I like the result and want to put it ingame (a close to F2 Jackhammer would be better, but can't do that :rolleyes: ):

As this is the first time for me to try to do some modding, I don't know how to proceed now (did some mission design and scripting for Operation Flashpoint and ArmA, but that's it). How do I put textures on it and so on?

Even better, does anyone want to help me and finalize it for F3? :blush:

Thanks in advance

Regards

The jackhammer has a bullpup layout that would require new reload animations that drastically differ from anything already in the game. Plus you should use a different stock on the shotgun model you made, that sniper one just doesn't look right, but other than that it looks somewhat decent.

Judging from memory alone, my main concern with that model would be the reload animation: since Beth inexplicably placed the magazine for the combat shotgun in front of the player's forward hand, whereas on your model the forward hand would be in front of the drum. I would think that using all of the assault rifle animations would put the player's hand halfway through the drum when reloading, wouldn't it?

Archived