Can't stop starting new games.

captainhalfajob

welcome to my world, lmao but ya like the others said slow down and take ur time helped me out. (a bit) ive actually finished mainquestline rofl would always start a new character. Sadly there is no cure for this "RPG perfectionist syndrome) GL and god help us all. :ohdear:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it took awhile but i finally found the right sequence of mods to build my character the way i want it to look. Now i'm just adventuring and enjoying the game. It took me a ton of trial and error but i an happy with my build .

Better Females by Bella, Bella's shine remover, and Better Females Natural Edition, in that order for the face the best combo i've tried by far. Caliente cbbe v3.2 for the body . Apachi Skyhair , and The Eyes of Beauty.

I start over a lot too, but mainly because there are still new styles of play that I haven't done yet. I get to about level 30-40 as a master necromancer and start thinking how cool it would be to play as a werewolf and end up restarting and joining the Companions. That sort of thing.

Why am I allowed to become the "Master" of all the guilds in the game?

That bothers me too. I'm surprised they didn't make us master of the Greybeards and High King of Skyrim as well. The only one where it makes any sense is the Dark Brotherhood, and even that's thin.

The fact that I CAN'T refuse a quest. Just by talking to people I end up having a huge list of hints in my list and even when quests give you the option to refuse, the questgiver is like "Ok, so you don't want to do this quest, but we'll keep it in your journal just in case".

I think several of you would love this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26359

It rewrites the starter dialog for most of the quests that start without you doing anything, so you can actually talk to NPCs out of curiosity without worrying it's going to start some quest you don't want to do. It misses a couple of obvious ones, like starting the Mages quests just to get into the college and Brynjolf still chases you around Riften trying to force his quest, but otherwise it works great.

travel from place to place without the use of fast travel and simply rely on either your own horse, carriages, or going by foot.

I've tried that many times. Half the time it seems, most often in that entire area Riften is situated in, I get a CTD...

Meh. Level 3. This "character" doesnt feel right. Isnt it all the same stuff since 5 games ago?

Why cant it be two years in the future with all the good mods running?

For what reason did i even buy into this prematurely?

It is just all so predetermined and .... :facepalm:

Yes i know what it feels to start over and over again and not finding your spot. :biggrin:

Give it some rest and im sure you will be able to find the right mods eventually. :thumbsup:

Edited by Nadimos

Personally I don't think Skyrim gets better and the start is one of the best parts of the game. A lot of places are uninspiring and repetitive although the design of the world is impressive, it just feels very repetitive and one reason why starting again is good for a fresh feel. What doesn't help is the sounds, music and voices are very repetitive so the game doesn't seem to progress from the start much.

I believe it is quite normal to start multiple characters. In Skyrim there is so much to explore so many combinations to try. My last character is a plain fun hammer + heavy armor Ork and he just bashes everyone in the face. I have some other good ideas like making a Robertus Baratheus(Yeah Robert Baratheon:P ) with the warhammer, or a Nord called Jayme with dual wielding swords, and a necromancer mage, and a darkelf serial killer, and a... :D

I suffer from what i now call "Elder scrolls Anal syndrome" In short it is where one is never happy with the way one has played out the game, and start again.

My example:

I'm constantly dissatisfied with the way i have played the game and start a new game/character, whether it be because I'm dissatisfied with the look or type of character Ive created or the order Ive done the quests in. I have suffered from this "perfectionist condition" since oblivion was released, i may sometimes think when DLC is released that maybe i would be better off starting a new game ? since skyrim was released i have many times got my character to level 40-50 and thought, somethings not right here, I've raced through the game and not listened to what the NPC'S have been saying and don't know what the quests are about so i need to start again, the quests are all wrong !

Am I alone on this ? anyone else suffer from this ?.

Man, are you me?

I've recreated each of my "generic" characters about 20 times.

I've played the game for over 800 hours.

I'VE NEVER BEEN PAST LEVEL 33.

Just because of this "Unhappy syndrome".

I have this issue as well. To date, I have over 1200 hours and I think I've only actually played through the whole game once. I've never finished Dawnguard and just uploaded Dragonborn. I have started over at least 30 times (conservatively). My main issue is that I'll discover some really cool mods about halfway through the game and wish I had them from the start. Either that, or my game starts crashing at weird parts and I have to play through old saves just to get back to where I was. I try to keep to as close to realism as possible ,not fast traveling, keeping carry weight to under 200, try to sleep every night..., so anytime the game starts freaking out on me, it kills the immersion. I tell myself every time I start a new game that "this will be the last time"...it seems to never be. I also spend a lot of time customizing my game by making custom followers with special equipment, dressing up prominent NPCs with their own outfits (to reduce the redundancy of everyone wearing the same thing), so anytime I encounter something "not quite right" I spend hours tweaking the game and feel like I should just start over. I like to feel "lost" in the game, but am also a perfectionist and take just as much enjoyment seeing my hours of work paying off when I encounter someone that I changed in the CK, and it actually working in game. Of course, this has the exact opposite effect when it doen't work.

I am also new to modding...having never modded before playing this game. Every time I discover something that I can do with the CK or Nifskope, I go crazy and revamp my whole game...thus leading to just starting over again. Oh well, I can't really complain. It's a labor of love so I enjoy the work as much as the play. I'm also kind of afraid to actually finish the game...like not wanting a vacation to end, or not wanting your favorite movie to end. Because when it does...what do I do now.