Adding havoc to a static object

• 5 months later...

First of all thanks for all this information - I did follow all ur steps and it seems to work great but i just cant find "Dimensions" for the collision box. So my item is rescaled it has the blue collision, everything is great but the collision box is just way too big and i cant figure out how to rescale it.

If you could maybe help me =) ?

Thanks

Haxloar - Hello!

"First of all thanks for all this information"

You're very welcome! :)

"everything is great but the collision box is just way too big and i cant figure out how to rescale it"

It depends on what type of collision mesh your object has, if it's a simple bhkBoxShape or bhkCapsuleShape it's pretty easy to do.

Always make backup copies of your .nif before working on it in case something goes badly wrong. :smile:

Open your mesh in Nifskope, locate the bhkCollisionObject in the Block List & expand it's details untill you reacch the bhk...Shape or simply left click on the collision mesh in the Render window to open up the collison's block.

The details should show up at the bottom of Nifskope, you'll see Dimensions with X, Y & Z. By changing those you can resize the collision box to your new model size.

Always set the "Minimum Size" under that setting to the smallest number of the three X,Y & Z.

If insted your collision is a more complex shape like a bhkConvexShape then you cannot resize it in this way.

Instead you need to make a new bhkConvexShape to fit your new size, easiest way to do that is to open a second instance of your mesh in another Nifskope.

Right click on that mesh in the Render window & select - Havok - Create Convex Shape.

Up will pop a box with a "roundoff" number in it set by default to .250.

The higher this number the less performance hit you'll get from the collision mesh but the trade off will be a less precise shape.

The default figure often works so try it as is first.

Click OK & see if the new Convex Shape created looks right.

If the shape is way off or not even created then try again with a lower figure.

Once you've got the shape fitting, right click on the new Convex Shape & select - Block - Copy.

Now go back to the other Nifskope with your mesh in & right click on the old Convex Shape & select - Block - Paste Over.

The new Convex Shape should now have replaced the old, left click on it to open it's Block details & check that it's material setting is what you want it to be. Material setting can often get changed when copy/pasting.

The material setting dictates how the object reacts to contact in game, stone, organic, glass, etc..

Don't forget to save your new .nif.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

I will try it =)

Just to inform you:

I want to make a "Toyshop". So I want to make a Bunch of the vehicles to be really really much smaller and ofc Moveable Static, they dont even have to be lootable (would be better tbh) but just normal Moveables would be perfect.

Thanks for your help ;) really detailed and noob friendly ^^.

Haxloar - Hello!

"Thanks for your help :wink: really detailed and noob friendly ^^."

Glad to have helped! :smile:

"I want to make a "Toyshop". So I want to make a Bunch of the vehicles to be really really much smaller and ofc Moveable Static, they dont even have to be lootable (would be better tbh) but just normal Moveables would be perfect."

Sounds like fun. It's definitely possible to do, a few other mods do simillar things with vehicles & other items.

You can easily make the newly Havoked itmes lootable by making them Misc Items as those can be picked up.

It's definitely good to learn how to do it yourself but you may also be interested in "Chucks Havok Friendly nifs Modders Resource" by chucksteel:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/13154/?tab=4&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D13154%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D212581&pUp=1

Best of luck!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

• 2 years later...

this is an old thread.. but im getting ready to go head to head with nifskope to make some convex shapes for some modles i made.. and here it is right here..lol. i v just recently hit a mile stone in my blendering and texture skills and after reading this thread, it appears im gonna have to spend some time in nifskope.. thanx so much for all the detailed info.. very generious of you to do that..