What version of NMC's texture pack to use?

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which version to use?

• Full
    • Preformance
    • Lite
    • Lite with reduced bumpmaps

I'm just ordered Fallout 3 on PC (Already played on XBox) I want to use NMC's texture pack. I have a C2D E7200, 4GB Ram, velociraptor HDD, and an ATI Radeon HD 4850.

Which pack would be best?

I am going to be loading other mods into the game, IE Unoffical patch, DCInteriors, DIMONIZED TYPE3, Fellout, lighting mods, etc.

You could probaly play the full one but your game would probaly have to be at mediem or low :/

my specs are

Asus gtx 650 ti 1gb

8gb 1600mhz ram

Amd fx 4100.. oc to 3.9ghz < i hate it im getting a i5

Crappy 500gb 7200rpm drive... need to get a ssd..

well with that specs i can run the full pack and run the game at high and get arround a solid 50-60 fps.. depending if the cell im in is full of cluter or not.

Well, my moniter doesent scale properly, windowing everything that's not the native resolution. The problem is that the native resolution is 1920x1080. That doesn't help... The only thing I can say is that I can play any Blu-Ray and all features, including 1080p PiP without an issue.

The visual impact between Performance and Full is minimal but the impact on performance of your computer can be big. The lite version is far better than vanilla but Performance looks much better than lite.

The visual impact between Performance and Full is minimal but the impact on performance of your computer can be big. The lite version is far better than vanilla but Performance looks much better than lite.

That's not too surprising, which is also why I have been primarily focusing on lite and preformance. I threw in Full because I could to be honest.

Looks like my copy comes in tomorrow. I'm excited... The game was great, and being able to re-play to will be great as well.

Well, with a lot of mods being loaded with Fallout 3, (over 50) the preformance pack seems to handel well. Every so often there is a small lag, but it's gone in a second. Most likely, if I fine tune the graphic settings I'll have 100% fluid game play.

Thanks for the input and info!