Remove undiscovered map markers mod?

Aanikron

I would like to request of anyone with experience working in the G.E.C.K. a fairly simple mod. I simply want all map markers, including ones added by mods, to be invisible until actually physically discovered by the player. This would include both settlements, quest locations, npc locations, etc. All kinds. For immersion purposes I just want to find things on my own (haven't played Fallout 3 for 4 years so I don't remember much of where anything is). The thing is I'm playing with a lot of quest mods which add a ton of new markers for various locations, and I would really prefer these too to come as a surprise when I actually visit an area. How does my Pipboy know where everything is anyway? It never made any sense from a realism standpoint. Plus it's just more fun to find places on your own and only then get a map marker added to the map.

There exists a mod that does part of what I want: No GPS. However, it only works on vanilla content and only removes quest markers. Plus I'm not sure it even works properly.

Sooo, anyone interesting in taking up this mod request?

The data that controls that is actually part of the placed marker data, and not externally accessible even via script with FOSE. It would be something that needs to be set by each mod author for each of their map markers.