I give up on Skyrim!

NotMarki

So I built a new PC this week..

Budget but a decent build:

ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard

AMD Quadcore Phenom II Black Edition (3.4ghz)

8GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance) - although my pc says 2.92GB usable in the system section I don't know why (i am not amazingly experienced)

The only downfall is a low spec Radeon HD 5450 graphics card.. but even still this should be able to run Skyrim on low.

I have added quite a few mods and the game was running okay yesterday.. a bit laggy in places but fine..

Now all of a sudden it stops responding after about a minute of play everytime I load it.. I uninstalled any mod I recently added and I am still getting it..

So unless someone can help me.. I just give up on Skyrim.. I spent £300 on this system and it can't even scratch my favourite game.. very disappointed

I have added quite a few mods

I'll wager this is most likely the cause of your problem, not Skyrim.

We need to see a load order, or a BOSS log if you are already using BOSS. Copy/paste here and enclose in a spoiler tag (in text format please, no pics).

Edited by ripple

Sounds like your problem is with the mods, not with Skyrim.

Also, I had a 5450 for a while. They vary quite a lot by the specific model, depending on whether you got a heatsink or fan version, and depending on the vram and bandwidth. Some 5450s will touch medium at good framerates, while other models can't touch minimum at anything over 480p.

First you need at least 1 gig video processing ram is recommended but at very least 512 . Second , dont ever , EVER download a lot of mods at once, do it slowly. I only have a 2.50 processor and a ATI 8500 512 video card, 4 gigs of ram and 200+ mods and mine runs fine on med settings. I do have a decent Mother board though. if you get a lot of mods at once your just asking for trouble. so you have a better rig than mine . so you should be running it fine. The thing with skyrim I think is it's demanding on video memory. Edited by KnightRangersGuild

Whats you're operating system? Its reporting 2.92 gbs of RAM...sounds like a 32 bit OS, you need a 64 bit OS to run more than four gbs of RAM. If its not your operating system you need to check the maximum memory supported by your motherboard. My PC can take up to 16gb RAM but my roomates PC can take up to 32gb because its newer. But my best guess is you are running a 32 bit operating system.

Agree with what was said above. Your mods are the issue most likely and not your specs. Your system can run skyrim, but if you have the wrong kind of mods, then you will have issues. Load order, any texture mods, and boss log would be needed.