[LE] Creating a patch for re-placed load-doors

gutmaw

Heya, I have a mod that adds trap doors in several inns. I want to make a patch for another mod that changes the layout of inns, including new/changed navmesh. I tried loading the other mod first, then my mod, then creating the patch by moving the trap doors and corresponding markers, but when looking in xedit it looks like a carried over a bunch of vanilla navmesh overwriting the other mod navmesh, above and beyond any changes I made. Is this the right process? If so do I need to go in and carry over certain navmesshes from the other mod to my patch...and if so how doe I know which ones? TIA!!

Since you are working with original Skyrim and its Creation Kit you will need to trick the CK into thinking that the plugin(s) you wish to patch are master files instead of regular plugins. To do this, I recommend using Wrye Bash. It can be done with xEdit but I am unsure of the specific field in the header to be edited. At any rate, with WB right click on the plugins that need to be parent masters and select "ESMIFY". Redate the plugins as necessary to load them in the correct order in the CK. Load the plugins in the CK and make your edits. Save your patch file. Before testing in-game, return to Wrye Bash and select "ESPIFY" from the right click menu on the parent plugins. Correct load order as necessary and then test.