G.E.C.K. How to :

ss4456

Ok I constructing Huge underground bunker, everything goes perfect, my own models/ textures and staff ... so here is the problem :

1. Synchronize lights with doors, exactly :

a. someone must hack locked doors by terminal ( how to not allow player to open doors manually by lockpick/pin and allow him to unlock/open doors by using hacking skills/terminal only)

b. while doors are opening, Klaxon lights are turning on ( like in V 101, yes I was trying to copy settings/scripts from valout doors/lights, but I need this synchronization for RavenRock main doors, not for Valout main entrance. so I did it and it do not work, lights/klaxons are turned on all the time.. )

2. When someone will already hack the doors, can they open automatically ? like in valout doors, without need to open them manually, that should be important also especially because Raven Rock main doors are huge :L

Thats my main problem for now, whoever will help me - will be allowed to do betatests of my huge bunker, I got only one betatester for now :L rest of work I must keep doing on my own :L

Just PM me with answers or post answers here.

Thank You ^^

1. u have to make the door an "enable parent" of the "klaxon light".

To do this:

1. select the klaxon you want the door to activate

2. after opening the klaxon light properties window, got to the "enable parent" tab

3. right click the list and select "new".

4. a new window opens, click select reference from window (dont forget to make the door a "persistent reference")

5. click the door in u want to activate the klaxon i nthe render window.

About the doors i dont think its possible to make them open only by the terminal unless with some kind of script, since a door can only, not be lockpicked if it needs a key. about making the door open without actually clicking it it might be possible to make, also with a script. but im not a scripter so i cant help you there

this should make the klaxon activate when the door is activated/opened.

Im not sure that this is what you want to know if not please be more specific about your problem

1. u have to make the door an "enable parent" of the "klaxon light".

To do this:

1. select the klaxon you want the door to activate

2. after opening the klaxon light properties window, got to the "enable parent" tab

4. a new window opens, click select reference from window (dont forget to make the door a "persistent reference")

5. click the door in u want to activate the klaxon i nthe render window.

About the doors i dont think its possible to make them open only by the terminal unless with some kind of script, since a door can only, not be lockpicked if it needs a key. about making the door open without actually clicking it it might be possible to make, also with a script. but im not a scripter so i cant help you there

this should make the klaxon activate when the door is activated/opened.

Im not sure that this is what you want to know if not please be more specific about your problem

Thank You for trying but how to say that .... fail X___x' ( I wonder do did You tested that procedure lol )

Ok I Tested this completely, here are all mixed procedures I used:

Objects : EnclaveMainEntranceDoor01 ( with unique ID ) and RedLight ( with unique ID )

- both got "persistent reference" on

- I didn't use "Enable Parent" setting from doors to any object because this connection can connect doors with single object, so do not think I was connecting both objects with "Enable Parent" setting to both directions

Method 1 - Doors ( no script/no special settings at all) > connected by "Enable Parent" with RedLight < Red Light ( no script/ Enable Parent to Doors + Set Enable state opposite to parent turned on ) = Red Light is turned off/ + opening/closing doors do not active that light.

Method 2- Doors ( no script/no special settings at all) > connected by "Enable Parent" with RedLight < Red Light ( Script "KlaxonLightScript" / Enable Parent to Doors + Set Enable state opposite to parent turned on ) = Red Light is turned off/ + opening/closing doors do not active that light.

( from Method 1 & 2 we can see that Doors are all the time inactive, even while opening or closing)

Method 3- Doors ( no script/"Activate Parents" with Red light on the list/ "Parent Active Only" is on) > connected by "Activate Parents" with RedLight < Red Light ( no script / no special settings) = Red Light is turned on/ + opening/closing doors do not active/deactivate that light.

Method 4- Doors ( no script/no special settings) > connected by "Activate Parents" with RedLight < Red Light ( no script / "Activate Parents" with Doors on the list/"Parent Active Only" is on) = Red Light is turned on/ + opening/closing doors do not active/deactivate that light. on

( Method 3 & 4 with script : "KlaxonLightScript" for "Red light" does not change anything, I tested with and without it. .. )

My Dream version:

Dream 1 - Doors ( opening = activated & open ) = Red Lights turned on / Doors closed = Red lights turned off

When doors open - klaxons turned on, when closed - red lights only turned on.

am I asking for too much ? :S

Dream 2 ( Harder ):

Doors opening ( active ) = klaxons lights turned on )/ ( while opening animation )

Doors open ( inactive)= Red lights only turned on and Klaxons turned off / ( while doors open red lights are turned on )

Doors closing ( active ) = klaxons lights turned on again / ( while closing animation )

Doors closed ( inactive) = Red lights only turned on and Klaxons turned off/ (while doors closed red lights are turned on )

Im hungry of knowledge how to do this >____>

Medal for this one who will do it + Betatester rank ftw ^ ^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

First of all. Sorry for misleading you with my first reply. I meant "activate parent" and not "enable parent".

Now here's what i dont understand completely. are you having problems with the "klaxonGlow" or the "red lights"?

Anyway you should know that these lights work differently from each other. since the "klaxonGlow" has 2 different states (on and off) it can therefore be activated/deactivated. While the "red lights" only have one state (permanently "on") and therefore have o be enabled/disabled for you to see the effect.

To work around this, you either:

1. have to work with "activate parent" for the klaxons, and "enable parent" for the red lights.

2. make a script that allows the red lights to have an "on/off" state (not sure how to do this, or if its possible.), and work with "activate parent" for both.

About the klaxonglow:

From my testing its possible to activate/deactivate the klaxonglow through the door with the "activate parent" function.

If the door is closed the lights are turned "off", and stay "off" untill you open the door. If the door is opened, the lights are turned "on", and stay "on" untill the door is closed.

Since both the door and the lights only have 2 "states" (on/off; opened/closed) you can only set 2 different "states" to them while one of the objects is dependent on the other (i.e on=opened /off=closed).

Although, you CAN set an activation delay. If you time it right, you can make the klaxonglows activate or deactivate, a few seconds AFTER you activate the door.

How to "activate klaxonglows" and "disable redlights" when the door is opened, and "deactivate klaxonglows" and "enable redlights" when the door is closed:

A. Linking the klaxons to the door. (Setting the door to be the "activator parent" of the klaxon lights)

1. select the klaxonglow you want the door to activate

2. after opening the klaxonglow properties window, got to the "Activate parent" tab

4. a new window opens, click "select reference from window" (dont forget to make the door a "persistent reference")

5. click the door u want to activate the klaxonglow, in the render window.

6. Do this for all you klaxonGlows.

B. Linking the redlights to your klaxons!!!! (NOTE: this will only make the red lights lit, when the door is closed. Since they are dependent on the klaxons's 2 "states", and those are dependent on the door's 2 "states")

I also advise you to Create a new light object for this and use it instead of any of the lights that are used anywhere else in the game.

1. Make all your redlights a "persistent reference" !!!!!

2. Now, give all your redlights "Editor Refence IDs". (i.e VaultRedlight1,2,3...)

3. Do this for all your redlights (all of them will need different "Editor Reference IDs")

4. Now Double click one of the KlaxonGlows and make it a "persisten referenece". Also give it a "Reference Editor ID" (like: KlaxonGlow1REF). You'll only need to do this to one of the klaxonglows!! Also make sure that these klaxonGlows are using the klaxonglow SCRIPT.

5. Now go back to one of your redlights, double click it, and choose "Edit Base".

6. In the "Edit Base" window, look for the script box. and click the "..." button in front of it. This should open the script window.

7. Now in the script window, click the "Script" button and select "new".

8. Write this script in:

scn VaultRedLightsSCRIPT; this will be the NAME of your script, memorize it or give it a name you can easily find and not be mistaken by other script names. You will need to look for this name to add this script to all the other red lights.

begin gamemode

if KlaxonGlow1REF.state == 1
		VaultRedLight1.disable
		VaultRedLight2.disable; if you have more red lights you need to add them to this "disable" list
endif

if KlaxonGlow1REF.state == 0
	   VaultRedLight1.enable
	   VaultRedLight2.enable; if you have more red lights you need to add them to this "enable" list
endif

end

NOTE: For more red lights:

- Copy each redlight "Reference Edito ID" and paste it in each of the lists.

For the "disable" list, add ".disable" in front of each light's ReFID.

For the "enable" list, add ".enable" in front of each light's RefID.

9. Add this script to all your redlights.

I should stress, that through this post, im always refering to the actual "Lights" and not "Lamps"!!!

I hope have been clear enough. and this helps you out.

Actually according to the GECK wiki, the doors have 5 "states" and not 2

0 = No door

1 = Opened

2 = Opening

3 = Closed

4 = Closing

Im not sure how the script would have to be exactly but im guessin that if this works it would be possible to activate the lights when the door is "opening" or "closing".

The command to check the door state should be GetDoorState

check it here if you will http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/GetOpenState

Great Job Sir ^___^ Thank You very much, I will send You .esp when only will be ready.

Still problems with those bugged objects so I will delete them all from cell http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry713289

+ hmmm at the moment I seeking for already 30 mints for wall switch to hatched stairs/ remote open/close switch, I dont know the name of that object, some wall button or switch, still seeking :L

• 9 months later...

maybe you can do something with the script on this page..

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=153358

it's a lightswitch script but you can use it for a door to(or a hatch)

you make the hatch as a reference. just call it hatchref or whatever you like. its the white empty line on top.

then start with this script by naming it scn hatchswitch(or whatever you like ..just don't forget to put script after it.)

scn hatchswitchscript

Begin OnActivate

short DoOnce

if DoOnce == 0

hatchref.getopenstate(---i think its called this)

set DoOnce to 1

endif

if DoOnce == 1

hatchref.getclosedstate(---i think its called this)

set DoOnce to 0

endif

End

i think the script is like this. hope it will work.

by the way

its a genelectrswitch or like that. and you put the script in the edit of the switch. in that place you can find it in the geck

gr deepside

made a little mistake..edited it

• 1 year later...