all Dogs attack glitch

Well as the title says every dog I run into attacks me for no apparent reason I go to Helios one the NCR guard dog out front attacks and the NCR becomes hostile so I have to reload I have to disable sunny smiles's dog she will attack and have to avoid every dog in the game no matter what faction it belongs to. Does anyone know how to fix this glitch of am I in the dark here. Edited by videogameaddict505

Sometimes you can use Incendiary ammo to kill dogs without loosing any reputation with a faction. Just equip the bullets and target the dog in VATS but do not actually shoot then cancel it. Usually (at least for me) this will set them on fire, if you do that a few times you might be able to get rid of the dog without any consequences. It doesn't always work though.

Just a temporary solution I'll look into why the dogs attack you to start with, can you post your load order?

Edit: I looked into it and apparently all dogs will attack you if you have a really low karma, so might want to think before you shoot/ steal / burn / pillage next time ;D, you can fix this with the console command:

player.setav Karma 0

Sometimes you can use Incendiary ammo to kill dogs without loosing any reputation with a faction. Just equip the bullets and target the dog in VATS but do not actually shoot then cancel it. Usually (at least for me) this will set them on fire, if you do that a few times you might be able to get rid of the dog without any consequences. It doesn't always work though.

Just a temporary solution I'll look into why the dogs attack you to start with, can you post your load order?

Edit: I looked into it and apparently all dogs will attack you if you have a really low karma, so might want to think before you shoot/ steal / burn / pillage next time ;D, you can fix this with the console command:

player.setav Karma 0

Thank you I think my karma is neutral still might be the same thing I'll try it.

• 6 months later...