Alternate start freezes

DalemTaal007

I seems very strange but I can start the game a new... coming off the boat and doing all that good stuff... ivory started the game so many times about a little variety would be nice. so I installed an alternate start mode... my game froze just after I had to type my name... so I tried a different all that start mode, this one was the combo that has the alternate start and the character creating bit. So it didnt freeze but I'm stuck in a little room staring at door and my character doesn't move... after trying to use different mods for over 2 and a half hours this morning, I had to go to work. when I get back from work I would like to see if this issue is common.

anyways thanks for any help that anyone can give me this is ever happened to anyone else.

~the sidewalk cipher

A few bits of info would make it more likely for someone to be able to help you out.

What kind of computer and OS are you using?

What mods do you have currently installed?

Which alternate start mods did you try, and what were the symptoms of each one?

So far you have given a list of problems and none of the information needed to try to make an intelligent guess as to what your problem REALLY is.

Ok, well I started a vanilla game with only the alternate start mod to test it out.

Same issue... So I know its not a mod conflict.

The thing is, I've checked the mod out and can not find anyone who has had the same issue.

After the character creation process, I'm stuck in a room where I look around but I can not move towards the door or anywhere else.

It's almost as if the option to move around wasn't made available to me yet, so I get stuck.

My computer is a semi decent rig:

i7-3770 cpu 3.40 GHz

8 gig RAM

Nvidia GTX-660 Graphic's Card

Win 7 - 64-bit

M-Audio Delta 10-10LT Audio Card

So, I don't know if any of this helps but I would really like to be able to start an alternative mod at some point.

Thanks again for any help.

In case anyone wants to know I found the solution to so, so many of my problems last few weeks trying to get Morrowind to run... it's almost funny if it wasn't so sad... so here it goes...

If you use MGE-XE -- "DO NOT, I REPEAT... DO NOT USE THE INDEPENDENT MWSE."

In case some don't know, that is the Morrowind Script Extender... which is required for some of the best mods out there... IMO...

The reason why you don't use the independent mwse in conjunction with MGE is because that bloody program ALREADY comes with it... so any mods that require MWSE will work just fine if you use MGE.

Wow... Seriously it took me weeks to learn that simple thing...

I read all the readme's from every MOD that I used...

Why that simple fact is a side note, not really puplically known is a mystery... because I use the script extenders for every other Beth game... so I ASSUMED that it worked in the same way as it did in every other game... and it does... IF YOU DON'T USE MGE!!! Which who doesn't?

Rhitorical question! I'm sure there are plenty who don't. But oh well...