Lex's Follower Howto (Warning! Long!)

ar13

I'm having a problem with this..it's real clear till you get the the AI Packages..where you tell us to add the FollowersStarPaladinCross*** and change them to our own ID...you say to point to the *Hired...there is no clear selection for that...only option I get is to point to a reference..which I do in the Cell View to my new NPC...but nowhere to add the ***Hired part.

can you clarify this please..I've been messing with it but keep getting nothing but errors..

great guide up to that point...but then it goes to (sorry) unclear directions

EDIT: where it becomes unclear is where you talk about what to change the "Conditions" to...

thanks

In the Condition Item dialog, change the Condition Function to GetSCriptVariable, then click the Function Parameters button. In the Select Function Parameters dialog, click the Target button, which brings up the Choose Reference dialog. Here you can either click Select Reference in Render Window and double-click on your follower, or select the cell and then your follower's reference.

This should bring you back to the Select Function Parameters dialog, and the button that used to say Target should now say something like "Selected Ref: 'MikaSniperREF' (010022E6)". At this point the Parameter 2 Variable Name dropdown should have a list of the script variables you added in your version of MikaSniperSCRIPT. There it is.

Having problems getting the game to recognise dialogue and actually be able to hire my own Custom NPC, I've done as the guide says and copied/edited the various INFO for the dialogue but when I got up to my NPC the only thing that comes up is 'Talk to Pinchy' and when I click E, there's no response, any idea what I could be doing wrong?