Lex's Follower Howto (Warning! Long!)

ar13

It still doesn't explain why it doesn't work for everyone. Yes I copied the instructions exactly.

I'm no newbie to companion making, nor mods in general. Those few who have no problems obviously have fixed it themselves.

Your instructions are incomplete. Using SPC for a 'base' isn't really the best choice.

So, due to lack of support I have used someone else's companion mod for a base. One that adds its own dialogue, and has no scripting errors, so I have no problems, now, copying and editing to suit.

If your idea of 'help' is to blame the end user instead of trying to, I dunno help, then writing tutorials probably isn't a good idea.

:verymad:

If your idea of 'help' is to blame the end user instead of trying to, I dunno help, then writing tutorials probably isn't a good idea.

Ony one person has sent me a mod to review, and he made mistakes. It's no big deal. I made them, Loxy made them, FO3Phalanx made them, and I imagine everybody with a follower mod made them. Seriously, a large part of programming, and in my experience modding, is identifying and dealing with mistakes. I don't see how that's blaming the end user.

:verymad:

Well, that just makes me sad. Even if, as you say, it's incomplete, I get you 95% of the way there, and now it's my fault.

I will probably take your advice, though. I was just trying to get the ball rolling, and get some knowledge out there that we could all build on, but no one's* helping. I'm juggling two jobs, my own mod, a new computer, this tutorial, and what I used to call my personal life. If I can cut something out with the side bonus that I get flamed less on the internets, that's a win-win situation.

---

Apologies to Cipscis and Tarrant, who I forgot.

---

Guide revised for clarity, expanded and tested Jan 31.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: Holy damn, I'm a genius, I ACTUALLY GOT IT BY MYSELF.

I added the Marcusg Script in the script section of the Traits tab of the main NPC editor.

Now I have plenty of options, however, if I encounter another snag, I'll be back.

Edit2:...And now I'm stuck again, that was quick.

Hey, Im having a problem, hopefully you can help me out?

AI Packages conditions step:

"On the package's Conditions tab, double-click on the first condition (GetIsID). Click the button that says "NPC: StarPaladinCross", which will bring up a list of the game's NPCs. Select yours here. (You can type the first few letters to get close to your follower's ID.) Hit OK to save the Condition Item."

I have no real idea what to do here.

Where is the "first condition"? (GetIsID)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...