ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Bloom in all ENBs: a common problem?

zulu9812

All of the ENBs I have ever downloaded - and I mean all of them - make snow and ice far too bright. To the point, that it's virtually blinding. The face that it's common to all ENBs (at least, the ones I've tried) is puzzling. Also, I can't help but notice that no preview pics are taken from Windhelm or other wintery areas - it's always dark areas, like Riften, or green countryside, or indoors. Is this an open secret in Skyrim ENB modding? That the bloom looks great for some areas, but sucks for others? I would have thought that if any tips existed for making bloom look good in snow/ice areas, the ENB author would already have used them. The way I see it, there are 3 ways out of this:

1. Find a different ENB. Not all ENBs are created equal and there are some out there that do use bloom well. Is this the case and if so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Replacement texture mods that work well with the bloom in ENBs. This seems promising - can anyone recommend anything?

3. Stop using ENB altogether.

Any thoughts?

I have only tried some enb's, but I noticed also that many custom stuff get funky with them..

(Vurt's flora and such)

So I stopped using them. Also, at that time those were just killing my video card.

Project Tamriel, Dynavision and Imaginator have me covered.

I can achieve something really similar to what ENB's do, without killing my video card :thumbsup:

Also, much more realistic look. No shiny snow and so on. :biggrin: