The Hunt for Blackmane (WIP)

Northborn

And now you can! Here's a preview of a new variant of undead that will be encountered. Distant cousins of the draugr. :wink:

As frankdema pointed out, this is very much a work in progress. More detail will be added, and once the model is complete, I'll be retexturing the armor myself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact, the dungeon map doubled in size over the weekend. What started off as an alternate route became probably my best work yet. Going to hold off on screenshots until I get lighting in. I do think it's very promising, and hopefully I can write rich lore to go with it all.

It will be to an extent. I'm keeping what Blackmane looks like under wraps until the mod launches, and while the player will encounter Blackmane early on, they wont learn of where it comes from or how it came to be until much deeper into the story line. Blackmane itself is only but a small piece of the puzzle, though it will play a large role in the overall storyline.

They'll definatly have lore and backstory. Their presence will be explained, and while there's bound to be some bladefodder to wade through, I also intend to have more unique scripted fights. But yes, the new enemies are all part of the story and have lore attached to them. I wouldn't create new enemies for the sake of having new enemies. It's important to me the storyline and setting come together as a whole within the Elder Scrolls mythos. While a lot of it is being created, I'm doing me 100% best for it feel genuine and lore-friendly. My goal is for it to feel like it was always part of the game and lore in the first place! ;)

The backstory for the locations, and the backstory for the various characters and creatures you encounter are all separate, but come together within the context of the story.