The Hunt for Blackmane (WIP)

Northborn

-snip- Also bought a 200$ condenser mic for voice recording. I'm just that serious about the project and its quality.-snip-

That's insane! I'm so tracking this mod! Might be time to update my sig with some awesome wips. :wink:

Huge thanks, Urwy!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's the first ingame shot of our new enemy type, the Bjornir berserker, designed by yours truly.

This remains a WIP, the final version will include new textures to distance the creature further from the draugr.

http://jep.sorrowind.net/blackmane/02-BJORNIR.jpg

• 1 month later...

(I welcome any feedback!)

I think its about time for another update. I've been very quiet of late and for that I apologize. As with past updates, a lot of work is going into the backbone and designing things that simply can't be shown in a screenshot. I've also designed Blackmane itself, and I'm dying to show it off but I think its better to keep the surprise. That being said, the project is still very much underway and I make more progress with each passing week.

That being said, I am rethinking my approach. I've come to realize that I've been working with two overlapping ideas, ideas will be better served seperately. Combined with the fact that I am merely three months from being a father for the first time, it only makes sense that I don't put all my eggs in one basket and instead work in a way that allows me to release content faster and hopefully more frequently.

As such, the Hunt for Blackmane is a slightly different beast than I originally set out to design. It becomes one episode in a series of standalone questlines that I intend to release under a global (and as of yet undetermined) title. I say standalone in the sense that you can experience any of the quests seperately, but I intend for them to be intertwined in the lore and in functionality. As I also mentioned when I introduced this mod, decisions, consequences, and open exploration are integral to my design, and I intend to stick to that.

I've shown several different areas in screenshots already, a decrepit hunting lodge, a extensive new cave system, a new forested area built from scratch. You can expect to delve in some of these zones in Hunt, while others will be encountered in a second questline.

Hopefully this approach does not disappoint anyone. In the end, really, its a win win situation. It allows me to truly focus my efforts, complete my projects in a timely manner, and it allows you as the player to get your hands on said content sooner.

I hope to release a video preview early this summer.

I am still looking for a good armor designer willing to commit to the project. I can do design myself, but find it would help speed things along if we were to have an additional designer on board.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I've been away from modding for a little while. I'm now a father and the last few months of new responsibilities have kept me away from my projects. That being said, I'm considering getting back into it, but I wonder whether or not Skyrim is still a worthwhile venue for quest-based mods?

Any opinions on the subjects? I have great inspiration and tons of new ideas for the Hunt for Blackmane, but I just wonder if its time well spent.