A new graphics card for Skyrim?

zulu9812

Resolution is 1920 x 1080. Budget is relatively unspecified. I don't want to go crazy and spend £800 on a 690. I'm looking for something that's a) highly capable b) at a good price point, £/performance and finally c) quite future-proof. The trouble with buying a top-of-the-line £500 GPU is that, sooner rather than later, a new technology comes along that effectively obsoletes the old tech. An example would be my CPU and motherboard. It's a 1366-socket i7-980x - top of the line when it came out, but hideously expensive so I'm loath to replace it until I think I've got my money's worth, even though it's beaten in terms of performance and heat efficiency by Ivy Bridge. So it makes to buy a mid-to-high range card like a 670 that will provide good performance for 2-3 years but also be something that I feel comfortable replacing.

I currently have an AMD card, but I've heard that nVidia cards cooperate better with ENB mods. Can anyone confirm that?

I recently upgraded from a first-gen lynnfield i5 to an i7 ivy bridge (locked multiplier) and from GTX 460 to AMD 7870. Quite happy with the rig, the card is a veritable beast and devours everything at 1920x1080 (tons of texture mods, Official Hi Res DLC + Superb High Quality ENB profile. I get between 45-60 fps (FPS locked to 60) consistently.