FOSE not working

CowOrMonkey

Hello everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I'm having trouble with the Fallout Script Extender mod (FOSE). When I run it, it opens Fallout, but then freezes at a blank page. (Screenshot in the attachments). Could anyone please help me with this. I understand FOSE is needed for many good mods and, well, obviously it doesn't work like this. Thanks.

EDIT: I didn't manage to get the screenshot, but what happens is, it freezes at a blank dia (Like, when you start the game, and it shows you "Bethesda Softworks" or whatever) while the music continues to play.

CowOrMonkey - Hello!

Have you installed the fose_loader.exe & all it's .dll files into the correct folder?

They should be in your Fallout 3 folder & not inside the Data folder as most other mod files.

Have you got the latest version of FOSE:

http://fose.silverlock.org/

Is your Fallout 3 up to date (1.7.0.3) ? If it's GOTY then it is.

You can check which version of Fallout 3 you are running by going to the main menu & selecting - Settings - Display & the version number will be in the bottom left corner & should be 1.7.0.3.

If you've checked all that & still no joy, does Fallout 3 work with FOSE if you turn off all your mods first?

If it does launch with FOSE but no mods ticked then one of your mods is not set up right.

In that case, turn your mods back on one at a time checking in between to see if you can launch with FOSE. That way you can quickly track down the culprit & make sure you've got all it's requirements.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

• 1 year later...

Hey there, I'm having an issue getting FOSE.exe to run, I'm on windows 8 and i'm being told that there's an issue with the ordinal 42 file (it's somewhat lost on me). I followed Gopher's fantastic tutorial (which i used for skyrim and was extremely helpful) to the letter, made sure all of my extensions are visible and dlls are in the right place. anything else I could be missing?

Cheers, Curt