Many Mods, many errors? How critical is this?

CursedMind

First Thing, let me warn you that this is a bit of a rant about Troubles I've been through,

and some stupid autocorrection Feature is Messing with my text all the time so there is some really weird capitalization

going on that I sadly can't fix right now. Somehow it thinks I'm trying to write german... ( I did try! for like 10 minutes! Sorry :()

TL:DR --> IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THE ENTIRE BACKSTORY PLEASE SKIP DOWN TO THE QUESTION :O

So basicly, I have reinstalled my Skyrim on Monday because I bought an SSD and finally decided to Play again.

Of course, the first Thing I did was grabbing my old loadorder, and trying to reinstall as I once had it running.

Error #1:

Some of my BBP armor/Animation mods started to CTD me in Helgen when the Dragon grabs a female soldier and lets it drop.

Took about 4 hours of uninstalling and reinstalling mods to find that one out.

While on the hunt for this particular Crash I started reading my logfile, and discovered that Toggle Helmet was throwing errors with (assumably) modded Objects like crazy all the time.

I finally fixed the Physics related CTD by using UNP Replacer Configuration Package

and getting rid of the custom walk animations that I had installed.

I also decided the sheer amount of errors that Helmet Toggle - Show Hide

threw out together with my other mods wasn't going to be worth it, so I uninstalled that one too.

Being rid of those I got bold and installed Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival because I read that it goes very well with T3nd0s Skyrim Redone and I like Immersion. And while at it, I discovered this new ReProccer

that T3nd0 has provided, which I ran on all the armor and weapon mods I had.

Amazingly, that actually worked out quiet well once I got rid of the previously installed compatability esm files that were still lurking in my loadorder.

So, I went on, and found this neat little thing called simple borderless window, wich in turn forced me to get rid of my old ENB because, Color correction and adjusted Gamma/brightness doesn't work in window mode, and the ENB hook messes up quiet a lot too.

No worries tho, there are mods for this aswell and a neat combination of:

DYNAVISION - Dynamic Depth of Field

Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lighting

Enhanced Lights and FX

and

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

gave back almost all the graphical glory I wanted/was used to. Almost.

Now here is the part that got me in Trouble on this particular step:

I started to edit my skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files to get higher Quality shadows and some other stuff related to decals and skindecals (blood and high Resolution warpaint).

If you do not want to risk potentially spending a few days until your graphics Cards don't puke anymore on every 20th random tree or character you look at, don't do that.

In the end I figured out Primary shadow Resolution of 4096 was all I would get, and had to leave everything else at 2048 while lowering anti aliasing to 2x to get a stable framerate again.

I did also enable the nvidia Profile for skyrim, wich is also potentially a pretty bad idea. I got severe artifacts until I disabled clamping negative LOD bias,

and I have only half a clue on what that actually does.

So basicly I then checked my textures, and made skyrim load the HD texture pack on Default before any mod, and got all the Skyrim HD - 2K Textures <-LITE andSkyrim Flora Overhaul and Enhanced Distant Terrain and of course Static Mesh Improvement Mod to load after that, and then checked how I was doing on Memory. 2.1 gigs after a longer playsessions seemes fine to me, with the obvious Spikes you get on safe/load.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my questions:

I now have everything running, and most of the mods installed I want to use. I do still get some very rare flickering textures on stuff like City walls and ore veins,

and a ctd every 3-4 hours of continuous Play.

My Papyrus logfiles as still full of Errors. Mainly stuff like Frostfall trying to work with objects that don't want to, and other repeatedly run script things I have no Idea about.

Is it worth it, for the sake of a healthy save files, to get rid of more conflicts even when they don't seem critical anymore, or shall I just leave it at that and hope my saves won't randomly die on me?

Or maybe, does anyone know of Major conflicts I have not noticed yet that would make me cry later on?

Do you guys actually clean dirty Edits ever time you load a new Version of anything? How serious is that stuff?

If you could be so Kind, and once look over my loadorder, I'd very much appreciate. Because I actually want to Play now, and the way the game feels at the moment is just phenomenal.

I don't know how to collapse/hide my Boss log, so here it goes:

Update.esm Active

Dawnguard.esm Active

HearthFires.esm Active

ApachiiHair.esm Active

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active

SPIKE.esm Active

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active

Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active

Realistic Lighting - Addon.esp Active

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active

RLO - Dungeons for ELnFX.esp Active

RLO - Illuminated Spells for ELnFX.esp Active

RLO - Major City Interiors for ELnFX.esp Active

RLO - Minor Cities & Town Interiors for ELnFX.esp Active

Realistic Lighting.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - 3.5 Weathers.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - 3.5 Dawnguard Weathers.esp Active

ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active

SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp Active

Convenient Horses.esp Active

Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp Active

DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp Active

SkyUI.esp Active

Alduin's son.esp Active

AlduinWing.esp Active

AsharaPrinceOfTheWoods.esp Active

BloodWitchArmor.esp Active

bouncy_bodices_for_unpb_bbp.esp Active

bouncy_booties.esp Active

bouncy_belts_and_stockings.esp Active

calyps-investigator.esp Active

DaedricCrossbow.esp Active

DragonboneCrossbow.esp Active

Dread Huntress Armor.esp Active

Field Mage Outfit.esp Active

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active

NightingaleCrossbow.esp Active

Dr_Bandolier.esp Active

Dr_BandolierDG.esp Active

TERA Armors for Skyrim - UNPB-BBP.esp Active

DeadlyDragons.esp Active

Immersive Weapons.esp Active

HavenBag.esp Active

SkyHavenTempleEnhanced.esp Active

AchieveThat.esp Active

Proper Aiming.esp Active

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active

dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp Active

UnreadBooksGlow.esp Active

Better Vampires.esp Active

UnblockActivate.esp Active

Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp Active

The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp Active

SkyRe_Main.esp Active

SkyRe_Combat.esp Active

SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp Active

SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp Active

SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp Active

SkyRe_StandingStones.esp Active

SkyRe_Survivalism.esp Active

SkyRe_Perk_Tomes.esp Active

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Active

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active

UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active

UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp Active

My Home Is Your Home.esp Active

SkyRe_Races.esp Active

WATER.esp Active

RaceMenu.esp Active

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

ReProccer.esp Active

For some reason BOSS doesn't get a good connection to its Server right now, so I only get a giant unrecognized list. I'll update once it does get it's masterlist and stuff...

Also, if anyone is having issues with UNPB BBP + Animation + Hand replacer + face mods, I might be able to help. I've had a couple dozent different combinations over the last days.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2313/skyrimkazuscreenwinterw.jpg

Edited by CursedMind

Suggest TES Mod Manager may help you start - it's the Skyrim's version of OBMM.

Caste a critical eye over you animations list. Check your video card's 3D settings as your SS's from Saarthal are indicating you have 3D activate, and are running spells running on on your player and NPC's.

I use 1920x1080 and Ultra setting as so these aspects show up clearly , and I isuspect you are using an ENB video plugin.

As a word of caution- conflicts kill games and enjoyment. If it looks like a mod is causing a problem disable it, be ruthless. Work one at a time so you limit any rework if you get it wrong, and document what you are doing.

The Skyrim mods are often particularly buggy and full of conflicts - Hence getting happy co-existence between them is a real game of Russian Roulette.

And lots of programming skill is required if you decide to try and patch around those conflicts in the fragile Skyrim environment. GameBryo is still the underlying technology in TESV and the legacies of it's heritage (and age) are very apparent when it is pushed hard, and challenged by conflicts.

Cheers

DragonAviator

First of all, thanks for the Input. My programming skills aren't the best, but I can figure my way through most of the time, somehow...

Also I'm not sure what you mean by 3d Settings. Stereoscopic 3d is off, if you meant that. The spell effects should be from combat+frostfall. I'm not running any ENB because of windowed mode, the AO is forced in NVIDIA Driver. (notice ugly shadows = no enb :D )

Yeah, so basicly the Animation stuff had the biggest chance of all my mods to cause CTD, and those Errors don't pop up in the papyrus log files because they are unrelated I guess.

Isn't Nexus mod Manager Kind of equivalent to TES mod Manager, just that it is way more convenient ?

Because I use NMM, and I'm pretty happy with it so far...

As a word of caution- conflicts kill games and enjoyment. If it looks like a mod is causing a problem disable it, be ruthless. Work one at a time so you limit any rework if you get it wrong, and document what you are doing.

Most of these conflicts only show up in Papyrus logs and never actually impact my gameplay tho, and I get the Feeling that it is actually quiet impossible to get that log completely clean without only combining the most basic and/or unrelated mods.

I've been running Armor compilation/weapon compilation with SkyRe for a long long time for example, and I was quiet happy to let one leveling/smithing list cancel another one out. I didn't check logs at that time, but I'm assuming there were some conflicts involved that I never noticed happening.

Is there no way to tell wich kind of conflict is really bad, and wich one isn't ? Like for example:

[02/02/2013 - 12:05:19AM] Error: Cannot call isBANLoaded() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias DE_Player on quest _DE_Main_1_6 (0B015CAE)]._de_clothingmonitor_1_7.WEAREquip() - "_de_clothingmonitor_1_7.psc" Line 703
[alias DE_Player on quest _DE_Main_1_6 (0B015CAE)]._de_clothingmonitor_1_7.OnObjectEquipped() - "_de_clothingmonitor_1_7.psc" Line 510

This I have about 200 pages of entries in a normal playsession without ever noticing anything ingame.

I actually disabled the "WEAR" Monitor Options in Frostfall, that is supposed to check up on my gear.

I know this isn't technical Support for such specific mod issues, but what I'm asking is if this is serious. Can't I just ignore it ?

------------------------ EDIT

Allright! TESmm installed, gave it a shot. Too bad BOSS can't retrieve its masterlist at the Moment

So, it still has this conflict detection that I know from OBMM. That does help a lot, at least in sorting the conflicts.

Doesn't help with that particular one but still. Can save a lot of time. I assume I can check the conflicts first before I decide to use TESVedit on one of them ?

Or can I make a single giant mod from all the ones I have and it will remove overridden entries automaticly in the order I give it?

I seem to remeber that was the way it worked in OBMM. Might be wrong.

Edited by CursedMind

Little update, I have kicked the BBP animations alltogether since I was getting nothing but headaches with this, and it is barely noticeable anyway with the Armors / models I'm using.

I'm still a Little sad about the custom walk animations I had installed earlier, but uninstalling the BBP armors I had I just realized that I didn't actually want any of them anymore lol.

Frostfall + skimpy stuff doesn't really mix well! :D

Also updated BOSS log:

SIDENOTE: BOSS seems to want to move Frostfall pretty far up the list, is that wise? I don't really think that is right.

Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm ActiveContains dirty edits: 52 ITM, 1 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

Dawnguard.esm ActiveContains dirty edits: 602 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

HearthFires.esm ActiveContains dirty edits: 171 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

ApachiiHair.esm Active
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm ActiveContains dirty edits: 4 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

SPIKE.esm Active
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp ActiveBash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp ActiveBash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active
Realistic Lighting - Addon.esp ActiveNote: Obsolete. Update to latest version.

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
RLO - Dungeons for ELnFX.esp Active
RLO - Illuminated Spells for ELnFX.esp Active
RLO - Major City Interiors for ELnFX.esp Active
RLO - Minor Cities & Town Interiors for ELnFX.esp Active
Realistic Lighting.esp Active
Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp Active
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - 3.5 Weathers.esp Active
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - 3.5 Dawnguard Weathers.esp Active
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp Active
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active
Sky Haven Teleporter 1.2.esp ActiveContains dirty edits: 19 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active
Convenient Horses.esp Active
Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp Active
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp ActiveNote: Make sure you have not switched DoF off in your ini file. If you don't see any effect, open you Skyrimprefs.ini and look for 'bDoDepthOfField'. Make sure it is set to 1.

WetandCold.esp Active
SkyUI.esp Active
Alduin's son.esp Active
AlduinWing.esp Active
calyps-investigator.esp Active
DaedricCrossbow.esp ActiveContains dirty edits: 2 ITM, 2 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

DragonboneCrossbow.esp ActiveContains dirty edits: 1 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

Dread Huntress Armor.esp Active
Field Mage Outfit.esp Active
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp ActiveBash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

NightingaleCrossbow.esp Active
Dr_Bandolier.esp Active
Dr_BandolierDG.esp Active
DeadlyDragons.esp ActiveBash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

HavenBag.esp Active
SkyHavenTempleEnhanced.esp Active
AchieveThat.esp Active
Immersive Weapons.esp ActiveBash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

Proper Aiming.esp Active
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active
dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp Active
UnreadBooksGlow.esp Active
Better Vampires.esp Active
UnblockActivate.esp Active
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp Active
The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp ActiveContains dirty edits: 7 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

SkyRe_Main.esp ActiveBash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev, Delev}}
Warning: The SkyRe has many conflicts with other mods. Please read the readme before playing with mod. This will prevent many problems. Read it here.
Note: If lockpicikng is not work then try to delete 'interface\lockpickingmenu.swf'
Note: If you have a problem with aiming try to install this mod.
Note: To make aiming easier, recommend to add the following lines to Skyrim.ini:
Note: [Actor]
Note: fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000
Note: [Combat]
Note: f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.64
Note: f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.64
Note: fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
Note: fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

SkyRe_Combat.esp Active
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp Active
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp Active
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp ActiveBash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}

SkyRe_StandingStones.esp Active
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp ActiveContains dirty edits: 3 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

SkyRe_Perk_Tomes.esp Active
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Active
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp ActiveNote: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.

UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp Active
My Home Is Your Home.esp Active
SkyRe_Races.esp Active
WATER.esp Active
RaceMenu.esp Active
RaceMenuPlugin.esp ActiveNote: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

ReProccer.esp Active