Fallout New Vegas Causes PC To Blue Screen

Whenever I run Fallout NV (without mods) it always crashes my pc onto a blue screen and says that my pc needs to restart. I can run every game for hours at a time with no problem like Tarkov, Rust, Siege, and COD. This is the only game I cannot run, can someone help me with this? I have no mods downloaded whatsoever and wanted to play the game for a bit first before I tried modding.

I cannot get past the main menu..

Windows error stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: AMD 5700 XT

RAM: 16gb

1 TB NVME SSD

possibly message me on discord? I am more available on there... itsactuallymayhem#5064

Edited by itsactuallymayhem1

Anytime the game "Crashes to the Desktop" (CTD) or "Blue Screens" (BSoD) it's typically going to generate an error message in the Windows Eventlog. Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article. Ten years on and Windows itself is no longer the same system as the vanilla game was designed for. Things it assumed would be there are no longer present, so you have add them, such as the older DirectX9 drivers. (The game doesn't know about later versions being "backwards compatible".)

Work through either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' (or both) sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

The FNV community has worked out many solutions to various problems, but they mean you have to add various "mods" and other solutions to get the basic game to work correctly. Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions, is kept "up-to-date", and covers years of "lessons learned". It is NOT a list of various mods to install that happen to work on the author's machine. It addresses fundamentals underlying how to get the basic game and mods to work together.

-Dubious-