CTD near Riverwood/Whiterun area

KaizerFaust

" I use the AI Suite(thermal radar) that comes with the driver disk for the mobo and have set the case fans and CPU fan to "Turbo" setting, also yesterday I grabbed a new heatsink/fan for the CPU and idle at 40'C and maxs at 52'C, I have a light OC on my Vid card but OC or not the game crashes still the same. "

Well, guess that rules that out.

Edited by cptnjarhead

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recommend you trim the list before a full reinstall. Get rid of SkyTest. It's prone to causing CTDs when placed in a large load order. Anything that adds more spawns and spawn points to the worldspace will make worldspace travel more unstable (how much more depends on what they add and how much of it they add). It's not a problem with the mods but a limitation of the engine. If your CTDs are mostly outdoors, then they are the likely culprits. The usual mods that contribute to worldspace instability are SkyTest and Warzones.

You should just remove the optional cloak plugins (unless you actually want to deprive NPCs of cloaks). Disabling them means they won't be loaded, but they are being scanned when the game loads and there is no reason to extend the game loading time. The Bashed Patch will handle merging conflicting leveled lists if necessary.

Have you managed to fix the issues of not being able to run BOSS through MO? Ifyou've switched to MO, basically all utilities, including SKSE, will need to be set up as an executable in MO and launched through MO so it will scan the 'virtual data folder' rather than the default game data folder (which should only contain the default game BSAs and BSM's after a clean install).

Not sure how to remove the optional cloak plugins as they are installed with the main file

I use BOSS after every mod installation.

I meant fix the errors presented by BOSS.

Yes, I fixed them and no change

Uninstalled/deleted Warzones and uninstalled Wars in Skyrim, made it into Riverwood killing a dragon on the way(from Whiterun), recruited Ria and the other 4 companions at the pub, on our way out we encounter vampires and begin battle with them, one of them is about to use a magic spell and the game freezes, beginning 2nd attempt.

2nd attempt, left pub in Riverwood, killed vampires, made it to the meadery and the game crashed.

Edited by KaizerFaust

Not sure how to remove the optional cloak plugins as they are installed with the main file

Just delete them from the data folder (or from the CoS mod folder if you are using the Mod Organizer). You can make backup first if you think that you might one day punish NPCs by making them cloak-less.

How many companions do you usually use? This may be the issue...

Edited by ripple

Just delete them from the data folder (or from the CoS mod folder if you are using the Mod Organizer). You can make backup first if you think that you might one day punish NPCs by making them cloak-less.

How many companions do you usually use? This may be the issue...

Just 2(Ria and Lydia) lol, I'm certain I was crashing before I installed the mod Girls of Skyrim.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game following a guide I found here, I guess I just install what I had and go from there?

If you are going to reinstall mods, I recommend you use the Mod Organizer instead of the NMM. Since MO does not install mods directly into the game data folder but keep them in their own isolated folders, you won't ever need to reinstall the game to clean out mod files or worry about the installation order for mods with conflicting files (you can adjust installation order in MO just as easily as adjusting load order of plugins). It's not as easy to set up as NMM, primarily because you need to set up third party utilities like BOSS, TES5Edit, Wrye Bash, SKSE, etc. as executables in MO so that they will scan MO's 'virtual data folder' instead of the default game data folder. The rest is more or less intuitive.

If you are going to reinstall mods, I recommend you use the Mod Organizer instead of the NMM. Since MO does not install mods directly into the game data folder but keep them in their own isolated folders, you won't ever need to reinstall the game to clean out mod files or worry about the installation order for mods with conflicting files (you can adjust installation order in MO just as easily as adjusting load order of plugins). It's not as easy to set up as NMM, primarily because you need to set up third party utilities like BOSS, TES5Edit, Wrye Bash, SKSE, etc. as executables in MO so that they will scan MO's 'virtual data folder' instead of the default game data folder. The rest is more or less intuitive.

Reinstalling mods, lets hope for the best

Am I unable to edit mods in MO's mod folder with Creation Kit? I noticed that Lydia had her stock hair but everything else was according the mod, went into Creation kit opened that mod up and it had the hair she was supposed to have installed already.

EDIT: The Creation Kit must be launched from MO to edit the mods that are in its mod folder.

EDIT: The game still crashed, this is driving me nuts, maybe its my Nvidia control panel profile

Edited by KaizerFaust

Where did you CTD? How long was your game session or did it CTD during the load up? Any patterns? What does your load order look like now, did you trim the mod list and handle the plugins not recognized by BOSS?

Where did you CTD? How long was your game session or did it CTD during the load up? Any patterns? What does your load order look like now, did you trim the mod list and handle the plugins not recognized by BOSS?

It crashed around Riverwood initially, but after a bunch of farting around it now crashes East of Whiterun where the Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite is consistently. I managed to get close enough this time to see that NPCs there didn't have their hair or clothing loading, the hair and clothing was the right shape but was some kind of blue/white color which I assume means its missing textures or is it meshes?

BOSS:

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 73 ITM, 1 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

Dawnguard.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 607 ITM, 82 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

ApachiiHair.esm Active

ApachiiHairFemales.esm Active

BBLuxurySuite.esm Active

hideout.esm Active

JSwords.esm Active

Warning: Original file was released before the CK (07 Feb. 2012) a compatibility patch fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained here. (Compatibility Patch)

SPIKE.esm Active

breezehomelightfix.esp Active

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active

Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active

Contains dirty edits: 6 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Active

Remove Interior Fog V2 - Skyrim.esp

Note: Use Remove Interior Fog V2 - Dawnguard.esp in addition to include Dawnguard locations.

Fantasy Music Full Replace.esp Active

Fantasy Music Overhaul Redone.esp Active

Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp Active

Weapons and Armor Fixes - Hacks.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active

83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp Active

Birdsofskyrim.esp Active

Contains dirty edits: 31 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

DungeonQuestAwareness.esp

NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - Around Cities_bright.esp Active

Note: Obsolete. Update to latest version.

People Have Torches.esp Active

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active

Tytanis.esp Active

Winterlude's Arrowsmithing Mod.esp Active

WiS IV - Heroes & villains.esp Active

Note: Use only one WiS IV - Heroes & villains esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active

Footprints.esp Active

SkyUI.esp Active

BBLSspouse.esp Active

Cloaks.esp Active

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

Note: Use only one cloaks*esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Note: Use only one cloaks*esp

FlameAtronachArmor.esp Active

Requires: CBBE female body.

FS_SwordOfTheSeeker.esp Active

FullBootForKKSA.esp Active

Requires: CBBE female body.

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active

JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp Active

LadyLaceCloaks_EN.esp

Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp Active

Note: Does not contain unexpected (or out of order) records or TESVSnip truncation issues as found in other mods by various authors. However, a newer esp fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained here that may provide added stability. (Compatibility Patch)

WiS IV - Dark Age.esp

Note: Use only one esp --- WiS IV - Rainbow mode or Normal mode or Golden Age or Dark Rainbow or Dark Age or Lore Friendly

WiS IV - Normal mode.esp

Note: Use only one esp --- WiS IV - Rainbow mode or Normal mode or Golden Age or Dark Rainbow or Dark Age or Lore Friendly

WiS IV - Stealth Troubles.esp Active

WiS IV - Diseases.esp

WiS IV - Perks For NPCs.esp Active

WiS IV - NPCs Heal & Resurrect.esp Active

WiS IV - Water Wars.esp Active

WiS IV - Fix FrostspiderGiant.esp Active

DeadlyDragons.esp Active

DeadlyDragonsArmory.esp Active

DeadlyMonsters.esp

hideout.esp Active

LevelersTower.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp Active

AchieveThat.esp Active

Babette.esp

GloriousGrass.esp Active

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Requires: Dawnguard Compatibility_Patch.

dD-Dawnguard-MonsterMod EBT Patch.esp

Requires: Skyrim Monster Mod

SMEssentialPlayer.esp Active

Soul Gems Differ - NS - E.esp Active

Soul Gems Differ - E.esp Active

WiS IV - Double Arrow Damage.esp

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Stats}}

Unique Region Names.esp

Realistic Lighting - Addon.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

Realistic Lighting.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Illuminated Spells.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities & Town Interiors.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - 3.5 Weathers.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - 3.5 Dawnguard Weathers.esp Active

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp Active

Duel - Combat Realism.esp Active

Contains dirty edits: 2 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit)

The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp Active

WiS IV - leveld World X1.esp Active

Note: Use only one WiS IV - leveld World esp

Sneak Tools.esp Active

Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp Active

Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp Active

navetsea female face preset.esp

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active

Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.

UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active

ApachiiHairStyles.esp Active

ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp Active

My Home Is Your Home.esp Active

Amanda.esp Active

HousecarlWhiterun.esp Active

Lyla.esp Active

Michelle.esp Active

Misha.esp Active

Companion_Ria.esp Active

BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp Active

BBLSVisitors.esp Active

WiS IV - Races.esp Active

WiS IV - Blood Coins Normal.esp Active

Note: Use only one Blood Coins esp

WATER.esp Active

GreenWaterFixForWATER.esp Active

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

PlayerHomeMapMarkers.esp

Compatibility Patch - PHT, IA CoS.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

The following plugins were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality. You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.

Overlook Tower - BASEv1.esm

SoS - The Wilds (2).esp

DenserGrass.esp Active

InigoPerkPointGiver.esp Active

Rings of Sid.esp Active

ViceroyInquisitor.esp Active

KaceAutoloot.esp Active

Overlook Tower - MAINv1.9b.esp

Realistic Lighting Addon.esp

Superb ENB-RL Lighting Addon.esp

I still need to clean those mods, so I'll do that, only problem is that the Dawngaurd UDRs cannot be undeleted(57 of them) so cleaning that properly is impossible it seems.

I seem to crash less now, but can still end up crashing or freezing, just less often, I noticed the wordwall issue is probably the most common offender in my Papyrus, this is the end of the log, whats causing the wordwall issue and at the end of the log, is it saying I crtashed because I ran out of VRAM?

[ (000709F6)].WordWallTriggerScript.isLooking() - "WordWallTriggerScript.psc" Line 135

[ (000709F6)].WordWallTriggerScript.OnUpdate() - "WordWallTriggerScript.psc" Line 310

[02/03/2013 - 10:14:17PM] Error: Cannot request LOS to a None object

stack:

[ (00000014)].Actor.HasLOS() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (000709F6)].WordWallTriggerScript.isLooking() - "WordWallTriggerScript.psc" Line 135

[ (000709F6)].WordWallTriggerScript.OnUpdate() - "WordWallTriggerScript.psc" Line 310

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

[02/03/2013 - 10:14:18PM] Error: Cannot request LOS to a None object

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

[02/03/2013 - 10:14:18PM] VM is freezing...

[02/03/2013 - 10:14:18PM] VM is frozen

Edited by KaizerFaust

Put all of your logs in spoiler tags so they don't clutter the screen.

Good to hear you are CTDing less now. How often? Any discernible patterns? What did you do with the plugins not recognized by BOSS?

Edited by ripple