Can NPCs get a bounty?

noweha

Can NPCs get a bounty from committing crimes, just like the character does? Or would it just be a theory with a script (a scripted order for people to kill them, instead of just giving them a super-large bounty to get guards to attack)?

I vaguely remember companions being able to rack up a bounty in Oblivion. Although my memory is not that great so I may be just very, very wrong.

Nu-uh. I don't think so.

Also, self-bumping is not allowed.

I think that if you tell companion to steal something, and someone sees it, you are getting blamed for it.

(Though I am not 100% sure)

Thanks, I didn't know that, I won't do it anymore... and thank you for answering my question. Kudos for you!

http://media.tumblr.com/dc87463a4e6c81579d1cf20ec230e2d9/tumblr_inline_mfwf67kMzY1rqli3p.gif

I know they could in Oblivion, if I'm not mistaken. I recall an event with a begger stealing a loaf of bread, and being promptly impaled by 20 angry guards.

As for Skyrim, I don't think so. You could mod it so that if an NPC does a certain action, all the guards become hostile to them. I know that if an NPC accidentally strikes a guard while attacking something else, the guard becomes hostile to them, so in theory it should be possible.

• 4 years later...