D3D9.dll not working on Fallout 3.

G4Tanas

I created a backup so I screw around with some stuff.

install righthand ironsights mod, use fomm BOSS to sort them, then run the game from the fose executable to test.

you have a 10mm gun with you out side the vault 101 so it should respond immediately and allow you to know if yes or know it will work.

IF it does not remove the FOSE data base and files it needs.

if it does? take your time and tread lightly.

Keep in mind, your running an 11 year old game on equipment not meant to run it in the first place.

there's only so much wiggle room under these circumstances.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes OFC you can

that's a given if you install mods. it's used to tell the engine to ignore the bsa archived data and allow the mods software to override things.

BTW, it's built into Fomm

Edited by Purr4me

Just keep your cool and think.

you are luck here. Most people with hardware and OS setups such as yours are not so lucky.

there's a fine line out there that's very hard to get around.

you're lucky. I just want you to understand that.

what can I show you ?

here:

20200710-165240-HDR.jpg

The PC / laptop in that shot in the middle is an old acer laptop that barley allows the game to run.

it's turned off. it's like 8 years old.

Front right is not a PC/ laptop. It's a tablet that's no longer available anywhere. it's 10 years old, hosts an atom processor which is so small !

It runs out of the box either steam or gog versions of fo3 smooth as silk.

Left from is a 2020 Spectre 360 2080 Ti Intell / Nvidea combo. it runs only if I reprogram the Intel graphics drivers so it allows it to process the data correctly without any additions to the software for the game as I gave to you.

It has Both Graphics display drivers and equipment in it. UHD Intell and nvidia.

"Been there done that"

lol

The PC / laptop in that shot in the middle is an old acer laptop that barley allows the game to run.

it's turned off. it's like 8 years old.

Front right is not a PC/ laptop. It's a tablet that's no longer available anywhere. it's 10 years old, hosts an atom processor which is so small !

It runs out of the box either steam or gog versions of fo3 smooth as silk.

Left from is a 2020 Spectre 360 2080 Ti Intell / Nvidea combo. it runs only if I reprogram the Intel graphics drivers so it allows it to process the data correctly without any additions to the software for the game as I gave to you.

It has Both Graphics display drivers and equipment in it. UHD Intell and nvidia.

"Been there done that"

So, when I refer to silliness, that's what it's all about. It's a simple game. But---it's 11 year old game.

Built to run on old outdated software that's mostly Obsolete now.

You fight not only hardware ! but you also fight the OS too.

It's not a winning combination. It's hard to get that into peoples minds.

you can Google or just read this, just 1 of many results.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/fallout-3/10793#:~:text=Here%20are%20the%20Fallout%203%20System%20Requirements%20%28Minimum%29,RAM%20%28NVIDIA%206800%20or%20better%2FATI%20X850%20or%20better%29