Imperial quest line continued

YsmirNord

A couple of months ago I came up with the idea to write a script and post it here, I began but never finished it, so I came across my old script, corrected some Grammar and posted it here. let me know what you think :thumbsup:

The Imperial Empire Mod (Hero Version)

This mod is meant to let the player feel that he or she actually plays a role in the politics of the Empire. This is what I got so far in the story line. Later on I will add a script about what everyone exactly says, does and act like. I will also make a Stormcloak story that is completely unique to this one. And I will add a villain TG version if you also want to be in the thieves guild, a villain DB version if you want to be in the Dark Brotherhood and villain TG & DB version if you want to be in the DB and the TG both.

The Story

Quest 1: Panem et circenses

After the quest ‘Battle for Whiterun you will be placed as an Aedilis* of Markath and the quest ‘Panem et Circenses**’ will start. Your job in this quest is to organize gladiator fights and sport games on the field outside the city walls and let the mostly unhappy and inhospitable mineworkers know that life does not ‘sucks’. You will get a luxury suite in the palace (with bathtub!), a small office and a high salary (7500ST each event!). You will also get money to organize the events. This money won’t be visible in the inventory but in a one of these ledge number books on offices around Skyrim. How that book works: activate the notebook and select what you want to organize, the event will be hold 2 days after selecting it. You can also see how popular you are in that book. You can also fight along in the gladiator fights (Gladiator fights will not be hold in an arena, but on the field in front of Markath). There will be a few optional quests, one will be to open Calcemelos Dwemer museum, you will have to gather Dwemer stuff from their ruins. You will also have a quest to clean up the Warrens (this is not optional, it’s an essential part of the quest line), and give the mine workers and homeless better residence, clothing, health and food. This will give you a huge popularity boost and after two weeks (when the mineworkers are healthy and work harder and the homeless healthy enough to work and bring a lot of money in) a huge reward.

Quest 2: don’t paint the Black-Briars white

If you are not a member of the thieves guild, (see the villain TG version if you are) and cleaned up the Warrens and made enough process in the Civil war where got to the point where Riften is conquered. A messenger from Riften will appear with a letter. The letter is from Mjoll the Lioness with the question if you could go the Riften to speak with her about the problems in Riften, and especially the Ratways and criminal activities, and clean those problems up with her. But there is one problem: Maven Black-Briar. It is well known that she works with the Thieves Guild; there is just not enough evidence to proof it. You will be asked to go to her house in Riften to forge a plan. When you arrive in her house she will tell that she found a strange symbol near Maven her old house. Then she will give you the mission to break in the house and see what you can find about it. When you are inside there will be not a clue what the symbol means, after searching a little while a quest pop-up will come appear that you can’t find anything. When you come back and tell this to Mjoll she don’t know what to do, then Aerin, who has been listening to the conversation whilst sweeping the floor, will say that you might find anything in the Ratways itself. Mjoll will agree. When you are inside you will find Drahff and Hewon Black-Skeever, they will talk about a plot to destroy the Thieves Guild, you will carefully walk up to them and ask them what they know about the thieves guild. But when you talk to them Drahff will suddenly recognize you as legate (or tribune if you haven’t conquered Windhelm yet) of the Imperial army and will instantly attack you. When you kill them Drahff will carry a copy of Shadowmarks. When you give this book to Mjoll she will recognize the symbol on the door of Mavens house as the ‘protected’ sign. That means she is protected by the Thieves guild. She will say that you have to go to Solitude and show this to High queen Elisif, and make the book public. Elisif will congratulate you on finding the evidence for her crimes and she will apologize that she put her in charge and that she will try to arrest and execute her now. Then she will command you to go to Tullius and ask him for troops to clean up the Ratways. However, Tullius will tell you that he can’t give you troops as long as the Stormcloaks are still in the country (this won’t be the case if you already have conquered Windhelm, he will then tell you to go to fort greenwall and get the troops there). After killing Ulfric he will tell that there is problem and you have to go to fort greenwall. Elisif already had taken residence in fort greenwall (with lots of bodyguards of course). She will tell you that Maven knew they were coming and tries to defend Riften. They have probably fled to the Ratways. Tullius and you will ride up to Riften (or walk, depending if the player has a horse or not). When you are at the watchtowers north of Riften you will see that Mjoll the Lioness took a few men loyal to the Emperor outside of Riften and is willing to help you and Tullius with the siege. When you are near the stables you have to fight against Maven her garrison, (no catapults or anything destructive involved, so Riften will stay beautiful, with dead bodies though, a lot of dead bodies)once in Riften a couple of men will tell you Maven and her family fled into the Ratways. Once you are in the ragged flagon Brynjolf will immediately surrender to Mjoll and is willing to lead you to the Cistern, most of the thieves there will surrender except for Mercer. Mercer will attack Mjoll and she will kill him. After you don’t find Maven in the Cistern Mjoll will split up the groups. The loyal Riften garrison will go with you and Mjoll the secret entrance in and the Imperial legion will go back and the further with Tullius the Ratways in. When you are on the graveyard you will see a rope ladder over the walls. Because Maven probably has fled the city on horse Mjoll will send away the Riften troops to make Tullius aware of this, and since soldiers don’t have horses they will return to guard the city. When you and Mjoll are on the other side of the wall Mjoll will discover footprints in the grass. When you and Mjoll are at the stables Mjoll will ask Hofgrir Horse-Crusher if he has seen the Black-Briars. He will say he gave them their horses and that they headed north. You can bribe, persuade or intimidate him to give Mjoll (and you if you don’t have a horse, you too) a horse. When you arrive at fort Greenwall Mjoll will ask one of the men there if they have seen a group of horse men passing through. He will say that there were indeed a few horseman but they didn’t stop and that they were riding to the North. And you and Mjoll will continue. When arriving at Shor’s Stone Mjoll will ask the same to a guardsman there, and he will answer the same. When you arrive at the T-splits, an old man is meditating there.

Things to do in this quest:

- fight the Talos monk (that will instantly attack you) and let him be taken away by Mjoll

- Help Brunwulf Free-winter fight bandit raids before he wants to help you

- Arrest Maven

- Attend the ceremony that makes Mjoll jarl of Riften

Thing to do in the quest line hero version quest line, everything will be connected, for example, you will meet someone from the dark brotherhood at the crowning ceremony of Mjoll that will try kill you, thus triggering a next campaign:

- Lead a campaign against the dark brotherhood

- Lead a campaign against the Forsworn, or with them

- Help the argonians, Dunmer and Khajiit proof them self against the racist Nords

- Many more… (Have to brainstorm what that is going to be)

- Be crowned High-King of Skyrim (you will have to complete the main quest line first)

*an Aedilis was in Roman times a man whose job was to organize gladiator fights, sport games and a lot of other things to keep the people happy, Julius Caesar gained his popularity when he was an Aedilis

**Panem et Circenses was a Latin phrase that meant ‘Bread and Plays’ and is usually associated with the entertainment and daily life of the civilians

Could it be possible to extend the Stormcloak Questline too? I mean, some of us prefer to be on the side of the Nords than the Imperials

Yes of course, I'm actually planning on writing more of these scripts and make them all unique to each other, in the stormcloak version there will be a lot more thalmor fighing involved, when the civil war is over, you actually have to help preparing Skyrim for a serious war against the aldmeri dominion and Cyrodiil. And you will actually discover a lot of secrets from both sides. If you will end up as high king yourself or stay a loyal servant to Ulfric is up to you to decide

• 4 years later...