Deleting Saved Files (Skyrim VR)

CGIModels

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, you *could use something like fallrim to take a quick look at the thumbnail to determine which you want to save.

(when you open a save file with fallrim tools, it presents the associated thumbnail)

In addition, I *think* save files created by the game (not autosaves, nor manual saves from console) have the player name autoappended.

Beyond that it becomes an even more tedious process of opening the game and then opening each save, whereupon you could manually create the saves "my_first_save_file_I_dont_want_to_delete", "my_second_save_file_I_dont_want_to_delete", etc. when you encounter the desired savefiles, then move them and any associated cosave to a temp folder someplace, before proceeding to the deletion phase, then put them back in your save folder once done.

As for safely deleting a savefile, I believe it's as easy as deleting it and any corresponding cosave... (although on this one I suppose I ought to say "google safely deleting skyrim savefiles", since I'm not 100% sure, although I'm 95% confident)