"saved game / area enter" crash issues!!

cuzalino

I bought my PC as an ex-works model and had it suped up a little, whilst the C: / OS drive doesn't have a terribly large capacity, I made sure that my games etc are all stored on other drives; so things would run a bit easier on the work-related software I use on the OS one and conserve space... pretty glad that I now know this will be a huge benefit in the future.

following instructions, I managed to get everything installed accordingly. had about 5 solid hours gaming on good settings- not one crash at all... mods are all merged and working almost seamlessly together. perfect.

it does seem quite apparent that the problems were rooted to not using the FIOPs, not merging the mods and the unnecessary version of FO3edit...

I did, however, also make sure to change the .ini and take the measures advised on many a crash-related issue, just in case.

can't quite believe it's not gave me a total headache tonight tbh, this has been quite the learning curve to say the very least! :)

also: managed to load up the saves that were crashing prior to the last install, all good- no problems occurred whatsoever (and Dad got to Rivet City just fine).

thanks for all the help & info, really appreciate it :)

Some times it just requires time to think, wait, and be patient and some one will know what to say to get the lights turned back on.

I am glad to have helped. take care now,

Kitty.