Game keeps crashing and I've run out of ways to fix it

jac107

Well, I was able to roll windows back a few versions. It hasn't fixed it, however it now takes slightly longer to crash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't have a solution, but the Load Accelerator may help.

I have tried that. Someone else suggested it in a different topic. It didn't fix anything for me though.

But thanks

How about this tool?

If you're asking if I've used it then yes, of course. That's how I verified that I was already using the latest Nvidia driver

Exact location, name brand of ssd, format of that ssd.

Does that motherboard have a hybrid graphics chip ?

Intel --->>https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Install the assistant and go through all the motions until nothing is left. Test game / run directly from the GeForce Experience app.

NO mods

Edited by Purr4me

Since the OP is using an Nvidia RTX-series card: if you haven't already tried it, turn off Weapon Debris in the launcher options. RTX series cards (and any Turing architecture card for that matter) apparently dropped supporting the version of Nvidia Flex used by FO4 which causes the CTD from having Weapon Debris enabled.

@OP No idea if this can help you but I tracked my issue down further. It was not in fact F4SE as I thought. I only get crashes when I launch the game through MO2.

Tried some solutions on the internet but nothing really helped. Thinking of just switching to another mod manager now (even though I used MO since the dragon age days).

Edit: for future reference, problem fixed by deleting default profiles and fallout4custom.ini / settings.ini in MO2 and replacing them with default ini's but updating binvalidateolderfiles=1 to default fallout4.ini.

@OP I hope you get your problem fixed :S

RTX series cards (and any Turing architecture card for that matter) apparently dropped supporting the version of Nvidia Flex used by FO4 which causes the CTD from having Weapon Debris enabled.

I did not know that. Well I made sure its off, but I'm still crashing out. I didn't think that was the root cause, but hopefully it'll save me some headache later. Thanks for letting me know though!

Texas Device #7 drive H:, its a Phison I believe, M.2 NVMe

Does that motherboard have a hybrid graphics chip?

No, I use a desktop

RTX series cards (and any Turing architecture card for that matter) apparently dropped supporting the version of Nvidia Flex used by FO4 which causes the CTD from having Weapon Debris enabled.

I did not know that. Well I made sure its off, but I'm still crashing out. I didn't think that was the root cause, but hopefully it'll save me some headache later. Thanks for letting me know though!

Texas Device #7 drive H:, its a Phison I believe, M.2 NVMe

Does that motherboard have a hybrid graphics chip?

No, I use a desktop

Ok, I understand it's a desktop PC, that's fine, what I am getting at is the motherboards architecture.

Here are two screen shots of what I am trying to get across, there are motherboards that have issues with add on graphics cards IF the drivers are not installed "before" the graphic's cards drivers are there. I have already ran into this scenario here on the nexus many times just to find out something is being overlooked.

exam-le-1.jpg

example-2.jpg

Kitty

Edit: for future reference, problem fixed by deleting default profiles and fallout4custom.ini / settings.ini in MO2 and replacing them with default ini's but updating binvalidateolderfiles=1 to default fallout4.ini.

@OP I hope you get your problem fixed :S

Hmm. What changes did you make to your inis before you cleared them out? Because while I don't use MO2 I decided to delete my inis and let the game regenerate them. Like magic my game is now running fine for the most part. I'm really surprised that that worked since I made sure that when I redownloaded the game to delete the old inis. I guess I messed them up again somehow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So thank you very much! Intentional or not you've fixed my damn game. Wish I hadn't missed your post yesterday

Ok, I understand it's a desktop PC, that's fine, what I am getting at is the motherboards architecture.

Here are two screen shots of what I am trying to get across, there are motherboards that have issues with add on graphics cards IF the drivers are not installed "before" the graphic's cards drivers are there. I have already ran into this scenario here on the nexus many times just to find out something is being overlooked.

[snip]

Kitty

Well you're right about something being overlooked. This is what I get for assuming everything'll be fine after a reinstall :|

Sorry for wasting your time on this wild goose chase, and thanks for sticking around and trying to help!

• 3 weeks later...