What you don't like in Dragonborn?

dyonise

Although it's just one day after release, I found one thing particularly annoying in Dragonborn. Considering I'm playing as a Dunmer and Solstheim is now part of Morrowind, I hoped for a "welcome home" attitude of NPCs in Raven Rock. However, as it is always with The Elder Scrolls, your race doesn't count for anybody and - particularly in Skyrim, with dialogue options instead of topics, your character must always be proven an idiot with no education. I know, everything for new players so that they won't feel confused with in-game lore, but some of dialogue options, for example "What is the city of Blacklight?" or how was it, could have been reformulated based on racial check. I imagine each and every Dunmer would know what is Blacklight (even if player doesn't).

Have you found something annoying back on Solstheim after all these years?

Edited by dyonise

Although it's just one day after release, I found one thing particularly annoying in Dragonborn. Considering I'm playing as a Dunmer and Solstheim is now part of Morrowind, I hoped for a "welcome home" attitude of NPCs in Raven Rock. However, as it is always with The Elder Scrolls, your race doesn't count for anybody and - particularly in Skyrim, with dialogue options instead of topics, your character must always be proven an idiot with no education. I know, everything for new players so that they won't feel confused with in-game lore, but some of dialogue options, for example "What is the city of Blacklight?" or how was it, could have been reformulated based on racial check. I imagine each and every Dunmer would know what is Blacklight (even if player doesn't).

Have you found something annoying back on Solstheim after all these years?

Yes, god awful low res textures.

what if your dunmer comes from elsweyer and doesn't know anything of morrowind? Beth really can't take everything into consideration, and if they just flat out assumed things people would also complain (perhaps even more.)

Haven't gotten into dragonborn myself yet since I'm messing around with a few mods, than have to replay though the main and dawnguard before dragonborn, so not sure yet.

I don't like that I got about 3 hours into gameplay and can't continue the story because I can't cleanse the stones. No matter how many times I shout Bend Will, not happening. It's clear it was ABOUT to, because the ground quakes....then nothing. Shouts just go right through it. Thanks, Bethesda! I'll wait for one of your talented customers to fix your screw ups.

I don't like how Solstheim feels half the size of the one from Bloodmoon. Heck, it may feel even smaller than that. When I can walk to the Skaal village in 5 min from raven rock, and only fight a couple ash hoppers, I am pretty saddened. Compared to Bloodmoon.....

It's still an awesome dlc though.

I don't like how Solstheim feels half the size of the one from Bloodmoon. Heck, it may feel even smaller than that. When I can walk to the Skaal village in 5 min from raven rock, and only fight a couple ash hoppers, I am pretty saddened. Compared to Bloodmoon.....

Yeah for some reason it feels a whole lot smaller then what it was back in Morrowind.

I really dislike the lack of things to do in Apocrypha outside the main quest. I kinda wanted to explore like you could the The Shivering Isles.

@LowRes People: Hopefully the HighResTexturePack3 will have HighRes Dragonborn Textures.

the textures don't bother me we pc users are just so used to the 2048 or 4096 hd textures, which realistically even if this was a pc exclusive would not be feasible, not everyone has a high end gpu or a 2nd/3rd generation quad core cpu.

also given how they did the skyrim texture pack and they many problems with it, I would prefer them not to make a texture pack (not that they will)

what bothers is.....the stalhrim helmet has horns...WHY BETHESDA !! what is with them and horned helmets ! they could have added in a diffrent model without horns, or at the very least made the the helmet into two meshes but no!!, ah well at least someone made a retextured glass armor which in my opinion looks better and more like the one from morrowind.