Playing Dragonborn without being Dovahkiin

luddemann

I was planning to skip the main quest on my next playthrough, reason being that I've played it too many times to find it fun anymore plus it doesnt fit my character. But I want to play through dragonborn on that save, is that possible? And does it make any sense for a non-dragonborn hero to do the quests?

It isn't, to my knowledge you have to finish the quest where your called to the greybeard's. And no, it really would not make sense as it revolves around the theme of dragonborn/dragons. However you might be able to justify it if you're characters was a Dunmer returning to his homeland or a Deadric seeker. But as I said before unless a mod is released or maybe starting the quest/forcing cultist to spawn with the console you can't get the quest to go there anyways.

The cultists seek you out specifically because you are Dragonborn - that is how the quest starts. "Are you the one who calls himself/herself the Dragonborn?" It simply makes no sense to jumpstart that quest through the console even if you could because it is intrinsically tied into your "dovahkiinity".

• 2 months later...