REQ modern weapons

train2837

I requested some of these over on the bethesda forums with no takers, and i tried to convert the models myself with no luck. Id like to request an HK416, HK417, and mark14 socom. I know it doesnt fit the cannon but they are my favoreit weapons and id really like to see them in game.

I wouldn't be so quick to call them the best thing EVAR.

(It's H&K you're dealing with the first two, their elite marketing department overhypes everything to justify the insane pricetag and people fall for it. The guns are good you can get something just as good if not better for half as much.).

As for do-ability there is an M4 mod nearing completion which reskins the Assault Rifle as an M4 or M16. That gun could be reskinned as a 416 and 417.

The MK14 looks like it can be done using the Chinese Assault Rifle animations.

KEEP IN MIND WE CAN'T ADD NEW ANIMATIONS. We can only use animations which already exist in the game.

(It's H&K you're dealing with the first two, their elite marketing department overhypes everything to justify the insane pricetag and people fall for it. The guns are good you can get something just as good if not better for half as much.).

As for do-ability there is an M4 mod nearing completion which reskins the Assault Rifle as an M4 or M16. That gun could be reskinned as a 416 and 417.

KEEP IN MIND WE CAN'T ADD NEW ANIMATIONS. We can only use animations which already exist in the game.

The Hk416 could not be done with a simple reskin. The RIS on an HK416 is different and the barrel length of a normal Hk416 is shorter than your average M4. (yes I know the Hk416 has a 14.5 incher but thats besides the point). Also, if i can remember correctly, the mag release button and selector switch on it are ambidextrous. So it would require more than a reskin.

The Hk416 could not be done with a simple reskin. The RIS on an HK416 is different and the barrel length of a normal Hk416 is shorter than your average M4. (yes I know the Hk416 has a 14.5 incher but thats besides the point). Also, if i can remember correctly, the mag release button and selector switch on it are ambidextrous. So it would require more than a reskin.

Ok, then perhaps a slightly shorter barrel and a few little adjustments in the model. The mag release would still be part of the texture as the weapon currently doesn't have enough 3d detail for that to come up.

Still, you know what I'm getting at.

It wouldn't be tough to do.

Archived