Fallout 3 FPS

harkura

Okay, I've been running pretty much a straight FPS style game thanks to many fantastic mods and modders. Basically, weapon skill means nothing, weapon damage is weapon damage. Problem, unless I'm tar-tar, the mods only effect my ability not global game function, if I shoot a super mutie in the head with the hunting rifle he's almost gone but should he do the same to me it's just a scratch.

Also, I have no doubt it would be insane but removing all weapon skills from the game and adding new skills, there are some pretty impressive mods coming out with weapon creating, food creating, implants, and all things player-made (or player made-better) items/crafts that could be derived from skills as apposed to just "run the mod now you have the skill"

My principle thought is this (weapon a) is fired at and hits (target) in the head. Does it really matter? his freaking brains are on the wall sir! substitute any projectile weapon for A and anyone, save needed quest characters, for the target (even player) and suddenly weapons are not pea-shooters they're *ban* GUNS! else use weapon skills for something else, repair limit on weapons, knowledge of said weapons leaves you wondering how to repair further with said parts...

So one thing that was bugging me, that I'm not sure whether it's been addressed or not, is the way the weapon accuracy works.

Basically, whether you're taking single shots or blasting away in rapid fire, your shots fly all over the place the same either way. Your first shot should be pretty close to dead on. Following shots in rapid fire should spread as they do. As stated by others, one of the many things stalker got right. If someone could implement that little tweak, I'd love you long time.

Archived