Night Eye-like screen tint in Morthal

rhapsodios

I'm currently having a problem in my current game where I'm experiencing Night Eye-like effect on my screen while in Morthal or immediate distance. The effect is very similiar to Night Eye and other such screen effects such as those caused by Frostfall's freezing cold conditions. With a bit of testing I narrowed that the issue is caused when I approach the Morthal from the road and the effect wears off as I leave the area (it doesn't start or end at the same spot or such, maybe a weather effect?) though further attempts to explore the area of the glitch is difficult due to abnormally frequent CTDs which I believe are the effect of this glitch or simply due to moving too rapidly between areas as I've done while testing. The visual effect does not appear in map view, loading screens or anywhere else, and it is not caused by ENB or similiar injectors (what I use is SweetFX which can be turned on and off and I also tried running the game without it).

I run plenty of mods which could cause the problem, but after deactivating several mods which could affect the glitch (Predator Vision, Frostfall, lighting and weather mods...) as well as deactivating every plugin (could still load the save) the problem persists. The blue/gray tint+blur also persists indoors in Morthal, but not in other areas (like coc'ing to Riverwood indoors straight from Morthal). My load order is a mess but Wrye Bash reports no conflicting mods and I have never had similiar issue until earlier the same day in Whiterun Tundra (supposedly caused by lighting effects, disappeared after loading a save). I have also rolled back and did clean install of my display drivers to no avail

The graphical effect (easily seen in attached screenshot) is very similiar to Night Eye, and I've tried adding, removing, recasting and reapplying the different Night Eye effects but the result is either that nothing happens or that the new Night Eye effect just gets slapped on top of the glitch for really messed up image quality. I have also tried waiting a full day or for nighttime to see if the effect would go away with no dice.

My latest not-autosave is in Highmoon Hall, and the effect is not yet present in that save. The first time it occured inside Highmoon Hall, after loading previous save it started occuring after exiting the hall, and the effect has continued to appear in all autosaves outside of Highmoon Hall in Morthal. Fortunately, I have some earlier, not-too-early saves available that I'm able to use to continue my game or at least perform further testing, but I'd like to hear if anyone here has had or heard of similiar issue. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance rendered. :)

You're not alone. I've been having a exact same issue up at winterhold ( also Rangvier's fast, and since that's fairly close to the Whiterun-Mothal border it may be the same there, haven't been to Morthal this playthrough to test it.) And like ye, I put it down to a mod issue (disabled, CoT, Dynavision, predator vision, frostfall ect.) and then down to a corrupt ENB when that failed, still disabling stuff one by one and tweaking settings to see if there's any joy, but nothing yet :3

`The Grayfell.

EDIT: It seems I should have browsed a little further into the tech support forums, just found this on page two. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/908337-skyrim-suddenly-brightnightvision/

Seems it's something to do with the Enemy scaling esp. from SkyRe, you using that one also?

Edited by Grayfell

Well, color me impressed, it's all right now. :P I recently updated my SkyRe, and never had this issue before. I wonder if the problem is in the mod files or Dragonborn. At least it's caused by a pretty not-too-useful modifications, I'm actually fine getting rid of it. Thanks!