How to check if the player is in the primitive?

Overseer108

It's a begin Ontriggerenter script. I'd like to know how to check if the player is in it or if it is a random NPC. GetactionRef only works with a begin ontriggeractivate.

Please quote if you respond.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Overseer108 - Hello!

Simplest way, especially if you don't want to do anything if it's not the player, is to specify a reference at the point of entering the trigger zone.

Begin OnTriggerEnter Player

That will only carry on further if the Player is the one entering the Trigger.

Note that another reference can be used, not just the Player, depending on your needs.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

• 4 months later...

Overseer108 - Hello!

Simplest way, especially if you don't want to do anything if it's not the player, is to specify a reference at the point of entering the trigger zone.

Begin OnTriggerEnter Player

That will only carry on further if the Player is the one entering the Trigger.

Note that another reference can be used, not just the Player, depending on your needs.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Great! Thanks! I can't believe this was not on the tutorials! Sorry for responding so late but I was not notified when you responded. I think quoting notifies the receiver? That's why I asked for a quoting. But thanks! Really!

Actually, you can adjust just when and how you receive notifications - and it has little to do with being quoted or not.

At the top of this and every forum page, you can click on your profile name and select "My Settings".

Then on the left side of the Setting page, under the Heading "Profile Settings", choose "Notification Options".

From here, you can chose to only be notified when someone quotes you... but you can also chose to:

Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency: Immeadiate

And you can also select:

Notification method to use for replies to followed topics

All this requires is that once you start a thread/topic, just follow it and you'll be notified when anyone replies.

Cheers!

Actually, you can adjust just when and how you receive notifications - and it has little to do with being quoted or not.

At the top of this and every forum page, you can click on your profile name and select "My Settings".

Then on the left side of the Setting page, under the Heading "Profile Settings", choose "Notification Options".

From here, you can chose to only be notified when someone quotes you... but you can also chose to:

Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency: Immeadiate

And you can also select:

Notification method to use for replies to followed topics

All this requires is that once you start a thread/topic, just follow it and you'll be notified when anyone replies.

Cheers!

Thanks for explaining basics to a newbie !!! :)